Low and high carbed beer, same regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anico4704

Reaction score
Ok I am wondering what I should do here. I have 1 regulator, I have a scottish ale in the keg carbing, a pale ale being brewed tomorrow, and a belgian blonde being brewed 2 weeks from now. Since the scottish and pale ale are nowhere near as highly carbed as the belgian blond, can I disconnect the C02 from them when I am carbing the blonde? I am thinking disconnect c02 from the scottish and pale and turning up the pressure and carbing the blond for a week. Will this make the scottish and pale loose carb? Any other ideas besides buying a multi gauge regulator?

I usually like most of my beers all at about the same carb level, whether a Belgian blonde or a pale ale. I usually have all of mine at 2.5 volumes of co2.

If you want a higher or lower carb level for different beers, you really do need a secondary regulator for each carb level.

I usually like most of my beers all at about the same carb level, whether a Belgian blonde or a pale ale. I usually have all of mine at 2.5 volumes of co2.

If you want a higher or lower carb level for different beers, you really do need a secondary regulator for each carb level.

Do you keep your regulator at the same psi or do you change the psi and temp of your kegerator? Just wondering what a good medium would be

I have 12 taps 2 dedicated CO2/N2 blend (stouts) the other 10 are feed from 5 regs set at 8,10,12,14,16 for the different styles (heffe and some Belgians are best enjoyed at higher carb levels) my keezer is set at 39 degrees.

But to answer your question the disconnected keg with no leaks and no beer tapped from it will hold the level it was left at. How is Adler Brau doing they used to run some interesting small batches ?

Yes, the other 2 will hold their carb levels while you carb up the Belgian. then, you can hook them all back up at the serving pressure for the APA and Scottish, the blond will slowly lose carb down to the level of the other 2.

I sprung for a dual regulator that is very handy for force-carbing a newly kegged beer at high PSI and when all kegs are carbed, I can have one at a different carb level from the other 2 (3 tap keezer).

Latest posts

Back