Amber malt decision

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TippHillBC

Reaction score
Hello HBT, this is my first post and i am a newbie to All grain. I am going to be brewing a DFH90 clone and have found two recipes. One was from the BYO IPA recipes article and another is straight from the internet. They are boh very similar except for the grains. The one from BYO says to use 1.66 lbs amber malt and the other says 1.t5 lbs Thomas Fawcett amber malt. Would the difference really matter? My homebrew store only carries amber and to get TF amber the shipping costs more than the grain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to HBT. If it were me, I'd got with the amber malt from your local store. Well, if it were me, I'd go with Munich because that's what I buy in bulk ;)

Do you know the maltster for the amber malt your local store carries? It might be Thomas Fawcett. Good luck with your IPA!

Thanks. i do not know his maltster, but i can check. Im leaning towards using whatever my LHBS has for my first all grain. maybe once i get better at it i can start to specialize. I just dodnt know how much of a difference it would make. bottom line is that it will be beer regardless!

Latest posts

Back