Panty dropper cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan5159

Reaction score
Very easy and cheap. Two or three glasses of this for the wife, and......

5 gallons apple juice whatever is on sale or cheap
Four cups white sugar
K sorb
K mbs
Lalvin118
Three cans blueberry pomegranate concentrate

Put juice in fermenter, pitch hydrated yeast. I racked to secondary after three weeks. Kegged after a week in secondary. FG was 1.00. Forgot to take OG, whoops." Added chemicals and back sweetened and force carbed at 30 psi for a couple days. Tastes more like a soda but with better results lol. If you see apple juice on sale I suggest you try this. Cheers! 17

Love the name :)

Can you elaborate a bit, though? Is the sugar for an ABV boost and goes in with the apple juice? Or is it used for the back sweetening?

And when do you throw the concentrate in?

Yes the sugar is for a abv boost. I sweetened when I kegged the cider. You know, rack into a keg, add your sorbate and metabisulfate. I prefer to use that instead of the tablets because it dissolves easier. Add the concentrate juice about ten minutes after that and force carb. Good stuff! Cheers!

Damn. I thought I was clever and came up with the name panty dropper cider. Guess not. Ha Ha. I'll go with my second choice. Skirt Lifter.

Tried Making this on my last batch with a few changes. One, I bottled it, so I back-sweetened with 1 can(for 5 gallons) of apple cider concentrate. I skipped the preservatives. When I first went to bottle, I was like whoa, this stuff is bad(and had a rather high SG reading, so I let it sit for another month in the primary.) Went to bottle it and man it was good. Wife likes it better than the 'normal' stuff. So I wanted to say thanks for the recipe. I am thinking next time to use a can of the blue berry pomegranate, as the back sweetener, to see how that goes.

Back