Struggling Newbie from NOVA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgbrewing

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been brewing for a little over a year now with mixed results. Mostly do extract with specialty grains. I would like to go all-grain but before I make the investment in time and money I want to be sure of what I'm doing.

I have done perhaps a dozen batches and three of them have been what I consider bad. A couple have been over-carbed. Many have a flavor that I can't quite describe but it isn't good. Not undrinkable, just not something I want to serve to a friend.

I use Wyeast or White Labs in all my brews. The Belgians have been great - the others not so much, which makes me think my problems are related to yeast. The trouble is - how can I tell since I don't really have any experience?

I would be grateful for any advice.

You need to describe your process better. We have no idea what you're dealing with unless we know what you're doing.

I love that show....kidding, without knowing your process sounds like your ferm temps might be a bit high. If your Belgians ar good, I would check your temps.

Back