Where to buy grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG58

Reaction score
Local shop does not have the yeast I need. I figured I would go online. I would like to buy grain already measured out for my recipe. Has anyone had good experience with an online vendor who will do that?

bremasterswarehouse.com will measure out to the ounce, has $6.99 shipping, and you can get a 10% discount by using BNARMY at checkout. But be aware that sometimes they are very S-L-O-W to get orders out. I think my last one from them took 2 weeks before they shipped it. So if you want to brew next weekend, order from someone else. Which reminds me, I better order ingredients for my next 2 soon...

I've been buying most of my things from NorthernBrewer.com and Austinhomebrew.com.

I like them both and so try to order equally from both, mixing it up a little.

I did just buy some yeast from fromgraintoglasshomebrew.com and was extremely pleased with the speed from order to arrival (and they are close to you from what I can tell). Shipping is $5.99. I haven't ordered grains from them, but I probably will give them a try for that as well.

Northern Brewer has a great selection, but wow, it just took them 1 week to ship my order out, plus a couple more days with UPS. That's really unacceptable.

SpeedYellow said:
Northern Brewer has a great selection, but wow, it just took them 1 week to ship my order out, plus a couple more days with UPS. That's really unacceptable.

Wow that seems out of the ordinary from Northern Brewer. I've ordered from them a ton of times and I believe the longest processing time I've had with them is 2 days. Normally it was within 24 hrs and it was shipped. I really like them, because they stand behind their product. I have had a couple things messed up when I got my order and a quick phone call and no questions asked and the replacements were sent out.

Dhinds10583 said:
Wow that seems out of the ordinary from Northern Brewer. I've ordered from them a ton of times and I believe the longest processing time I've had with them is 2 days. Normally it was within 24 hrs and it was shipped. I really like them, because they stand behind their product. I have had a couple things messed up when I got my order and a quick phone call and no questions asked and the replacements were sent out.
Agreed, this was longer than normal. But no call or email or anything. The other big complaint about NB is their poor quality crush. I learned very fast NEVER order pre crushed grain from them. Just checked my NB emails and saw my past 3 grain orders shipped in 1-2 days. Not this time though. :(

Back