burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avm221

Reaction score
ok so im getting all my stuff for all grain together, right now my burner is a little to small for the keg pot that i have, its a 14inch burner which i can use for my HLT but what do you suggest for my keg i need a burner thats around 16 inches and supports the weight of the keg full of wort.

right now the burner i have i can the keg inside the the bottom of the keg, i have tried this empty but i don't really know how stable it will be full.

any suggestions on my next burner for a keg?

I just had this problem and put an old grill grate in between. Works fine for now. It holds the weight of the keg with around 7 or so gallons of wort.

I believe the Bayou Classic square burner will hold a keg or as said above a grill grate on your existing burner should work, that's what I use.

SQ14 is what I use. Picked it up in a bundle of homebrew stuff off Craigslist. I've seen quite a few other people use them with keggles without issue.

I decided the line in the sand for me between getting decent equipment and having some money to do other things (like fish or play golf) meant that I wouldn't step into the conical fermentor / blichmann burner world.

But, if you have the money and are serious about the hobby, just as well spend the money now and enjoy the quality of the equipment.

wow the Bayou Classic square burner varys a lot in price i just found it at home depot and wal-mart for $50, is that about as good as it will get?

I was thinking of keeping the burner I have for my HLT. So the square burner looks good.

Back