Our first all electric unit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneHoppyGuy

Reaction score
BCS 462, 10" Tablet, 2 Vessel

DSC_0711 (2).jpg

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0732 (2).jpg

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0767 (2).jpg

Epic!
that looks pricey!
Also, dually noted, 2 vessel is the way to go ;)

Very nice. Do you have a flow diagram? If not, can you explain why you have two plate chillers?

Why two plate chillers?
The wort travels from on exchanger to the other (in series). The cold water is run separately to the two exchangers (in parallel). The first exchanger drops the wort to approximately 100 degrees, the second drops the word down to your chilling water temperature. This allows the pump to be run at full speed.
Worst case scenario, the brewer can throttle the pump output with a valve.

Beautiful craftsmanship. I love it! Have you brewed on it yet?

This is in the wrong subforum. Will a mod please move this thread to the " vendor giveaways" forum.

This is in the wrong subforum. Will a mod please move this thread to the " vendor giveaways" forum.

This is not a giveaway nor is this for sale or an advertisement. This is a unit that we built for a customer.

We openly share the technology we use and we are proud to share our work.

More photos
122657d1368831376-our-first-all-electric-unit-dsc_0732-2-.jpg
Ever thought about fabricating some tri-clover electric valves (i.e. not thread TC adapters)? Machine the valve thread out and butt weld a 3/4" dairy tube TC on either end? I think when I check last it was the 3/4" OD tube that mated pretty good to a 1/2" BSP/NPT valve.
As tempting as it is, we don't brew on our customer's equipment. :D
But surely you have to test it all before shipping it out, I mean what if there was a leak :D

Back