Oops! Panty hose in Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InityBrew

Reaction score
So i was kegging my double ipa a few minutes ago and i used panty hose on the end of the siphon tube to make sure that no hop particles got through...

Sure enough the panty hose and the zip tie fell off into the keg as i was finishing the siphon.

So.. Should i let it go and just drink carb and drink or should i try and fish out the panty hose with a coat hanger?

Also, the panty hose was boiled for 20 minutes prior to a star san soak.

any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

Just let it go. Carb as usual.

FWIW, I think that trying to keep every single hop molecule out of your bottles/keg is an exercise in futility.

Wait, you were trying to filter it on the output end? Maybe try putting the filter on the intake side of the siphon next time.

I have filtered on the output end for the last year. I do this because i dry hop my ipas / dipas in the primary with 4- 5 ozs of hops. about a year ago i had a clogged dip tube that was a pain in the ass.

Well.. i posted this and shortly after realized that an un-weighted bag would float right on top. I opened the keg and fished it out with ease.

Irrelevent and irreverent and uninformed answer: leave it in and wait for someone to notice. Then when someone asks "hey! Why is there panty hose in the beer?" ... well, set-up lines just don't come any better than that!

I have to tell you that I did the actual "LOL" at this. Thanks so much for that.

I have no answer, but I'd leave it.

One time, about 5 years or so ago, I found a screwdriver in my fermenter. I mean, down in the trub. A complete screwdriver, in a finished beer, after I racked to the keg and started to clean the fermenter.

I have no idea where, when, or how that happened.

I've also found an airlock (lid and all), which I assumed happened when I sanitized and I just "lost" it in there.

But as a woman, I can swear that I have NEVER lost my hose in my beer. {snort}. :D

One time, about 5 years or so ago, I found a screwdriver in my fermenter. I mean, down in the trub. A complete screwdriver, in a finished beer, after I racked to the keg and started to clean the fermenter.

I have no idea where, when, or how that happened.

How many brewday pints did it take for you to pull THAT off?

I'd assume it takes a lot more talent to get pantyhose in your beer than to get beer in your pantyhose.

How many brewday pints did it take for you to pull THAT off?

I wish I knew! :drunk:

You'd think most people would notice that a screwdriver was on the counter, or in the room, and then vanished.

Nope. Not this chick.

Two weeks later, open the fermenter, rack the beer, and "I'll be damned! Where did THAT come from?" is the only thing that came to mind. It's a mystery for the ages.

I still have the screwdriver, but moved it to the drawer in the kitchen, in case it decides to have another walkabout.

woozy said:
Irrelevent and irreverent and uninformed answer: leave it in and wait for someone to notice. Then when someone asks "hey! Why is there panty hose in the beer?" ... well, set-up lines just don't come any better than that!

Haha hysterical!!

Back