What size hose and how much for soda?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylo_k2008

Reaction score
Hey. So I keep asking, but I don't feel like I am getting any solid answer. How much hose do I need for a soda line? I currently have 2 taps that I plan on using soda in. I have a 50' line of 1/4" id line which I orriginally was just planing on cutting in half to use for both kegs. Then I was convinced that wouldn't be enough for both taps and that 1/4" was too small. Then i bought 100' of 3/16 id hose, that I wanted to use for both taps. Its even smaller. Will this work for both taps or do I need to go to 3/8" ? Can someone please help as I am tired of running in circles trying to figure out what I need. Thanks! :D

3/16" line is what you want. I would cut that in half, use it for both taps and see how it works. If it's too much restriction, you can cut it down further until it's just right.

3/16" offers more resistance that 1/4", so an equal length of 3/16" will reduce the flow rate more than that of 1/4" tubing.

Latest posts

Back