tettnang taste description (provided here)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredthecat

The original homebrewer™.
Reaction score
so i brewed an all tettnang ale. thought i'd provide an always useful report on hop aroma

recipe was 50% pilsner, 35% light DME, 5% crystal 20, 10% munich - 13 litres - tett AA was 5.3% - IBUs were around 38
14g tett at 90 min
21g tett at 20
14g tett at 10
21g tett at flameout
dryhopped with 14g tett

huge garden/flower aroma/"hoppy", a gentle but noticeable bitterness, tastes flowery, a touch of grass, bright, a touch of dank (if you catch my drift) afterwards.

it's really young but this beer turned out really well, cant wait to try it again in a week

Thanks for the description! A lot of packaging and hop retail sites describe tettnang taste as "spicy", does any of that come through? I just used some in a brew last week combined with cascade and citra. The floral aroma would be ideal for this beer.

no problem i personally find hop descriptions on line to be vague or inaccurate, so i think ill try to post my reflections on any single hop brews i make. i always read that "spicy" description, and i dont taste it, i think of saaz as spicy, but maybe that taste will come out after another week or so in the bottle

Back