Where can i buy a keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sofge

Reaction score
Kegs here can I buy a keg to convert into a brew kettle. Also, does anyone have any advice for how to do this? Thanks!!

Sofge said:
Kegs here can I buy a keg to convert into a brew kettle. Also, does anyone have any advice for how to do this? Thanks!!

That is... Where can I buy a keg? Sorry.

Mine were given to me by someone who didn't wanna take them to the scrapyard since the beer store he bought the halfs at shut down and he had them in his garage empty. I just paid him the deposit fee of $30 a piece which wasn't bad. After everything was said and done I still paid less for these two then I did for one decent 15 gal kettle.

http://www.homebrewing.com/articles/keggle.php

Try that for the conversion though. Honestly its VERY simple with a step bit, I have barely any DYI experience and it was easy.

Also check out some of the vendor lists on here for the hardware u will need, dip tubes, false bottoms, sight glasses, thermometers, etc. I get most of my stuff at www.brewhardware.com since a lot of the guys here recommend it and one of the guys here runs it. His stuff is top notch but there are others here that make great hardware as well.

Goodluck!

My buddy owns a off-road 4×4 shop he said he gets them dirt cheap for conversion to a fuel cell. You could check them.

Back