Red wheat malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myhotrod

Reaction score
There are hundreds of sites that sell malts and grains. I am looking for the cheapest (shipping included) best quality place to get red wheat malt. I can do larger quantities. I don't have a local brew shop.

Why red? I,ve done many wheat beers with red wheat malt and a new Lhbs opened closer to me that only has white wheat malt so I used it and In my opinion ,I like the characteristics of white wheat better.

So red wheat because I like it better than white better taste and more of it. IMHO.. UUUUUhhhhhhhh yea about he mead location on my post, I kinda put it here by accident. I pm ed a moderator as soon as I hit post. Sorry buddy I know it doesn't belong here.

You might like it. My palate likes what my palate likes. My problem is it likes most everything. It does contribute to my waste line. It isn't every ones drop but I like it. If you do try let us know. Kinda like a 2 row but a little dif

Well, it it makes you feel any better, I've used red wheat in a mead. However, it wasn't malted.

BBBF Howd u like it? Compared to others howd u like it?

I loved it. Braggot recipes seem to have a lot of crystal in the malt profile, but I was basing my recipe off a wheat/fruit beer. I think the extra, wheaty flavor of the raw grain helped the light beet base the stand out.

It got a ok score in the Mazer Cup, but I think it might have been hurt by not being dark and malty.

When a new brewery opened up near me, I brougt a bottle there. Months later, I ran into the owner and he said he couldn't stop thinking about it and was interested making it.

They make great beer, but I don't know if I'd call myself a fan.

Latest posts

Back