What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Huma Tropic Pineapple IPA, man this is delicious. Best beer Ive ever brewed!!

ForumRunner_20130428_190240.jpg

My Pliny the Elder clone attempt. Hops are pretty damn close, but for some reason it's cloudy and lots of hop particulates. Must have been from the pellets. Going to try and fine with gelatin in a few days and see if it helps. Damn tasty and its almost 8%!!

image-4263838852.jpg

My Pliny the Elder clone attempt. Hops are pretty damn close, but for some reason it's cloudy and lots of hop particulates. Must have been from the pellets. Going to try and fine with gelatin in a few days and see if it helps. Damn tasty and its almost 8%!!

From my understanding he uses hop extract for everything post boil and pellet hops in the boil.

Saison I'm too lazy to take a picture of. Need to make this one again. I got a little nuts and went farmhouse IPA on the last one, but I really enjoy the balance in this beer. I think it even got the WesS seal of approval.

Yesterday's sour wort is getting no approval so far. I've kept it 100 to 120 for almost 30 hrs now and pH is still in mid 4s. Smells like egg farts. Blasting it with co2 wouldnt have been a bad idea.

From my understanding he uses hop extract for everything post boil and pellet hops in the boil.

Well, actually I think its the other way around. from what I have read, he uses hop extract for bittering and first additions, then later additions and dry hopping are pellet/ whole. I tried the "dry hopper" from stainlessbrewing.com where its a large "filter" that you fill with hops and add to you keg. It eliminates a secondary. It works great as far as hop flavor, but the fine pellet particulate made it through pretty easy. Its still tasting a little green. So Ill let it sit another few days or so. Stiill drinking really good right now though. Not stopping me from pulling a few pints haha

Well, actually I think its the other way around. from what I have read, he uses hop extract for bittering and first additions, then later additions and dry hopping are pellet/ whole. I tried the "dry hopper" from stainlessbrewing.com where its a large "filter" that you fill with hops and add to you keg. It eliminates a secondary. It works great as far as hop flavor, but the fine pellet particulate made it through pretty easy. Its still tasting a little green. So Ill let it sit another few days or so. Stiill drinking really good right now though. Not stopping me from pulling a few pints haha

Ah, okay I knew it was something like that. Can you tell I'm not a hop head?

This was the original case of marketing selling people on something they would never touch otherwise.

I think you may be right on that one. Those do look pretty good.

The biryani was awesome and the cupcakes & brownies were tasty. It was a good time, even if the beer got tired quickly.

I think by now I'd be drinking whatever is being made in the shaker back there. ;)

That was some overly sweet crap - hangover city. I'm glad I stuck with beer and was able to function today (unlike a few others at the party who drank a lot of those martinis.)

Ah, okay I knew it was something like that. Can you tell I'm not a hop head?

Haha, no worries man. Its a killer beer. Its my first attempt, so it gives me somewhere to start and to improve on. Cant always have perfection first time around. :cross:

The biryani was awesome and the cupcakes & brownies were tasty. It was a good time, even if the beer got tired quickly.

That was some overly sweet crap - hangover city. I'm glad I stuck with beer and was able to function today (unlike a few others at the party who drank a lot of those martinis.)

If I could actually find and chill a 6'er of Zima right now I totally would. I remember stealing a few from my parents when I was "21" wink wink, and they were actually not bad. The indigestion wasnt worth it though haha. On a hot day like today (90 deg F) it wouldnt be a bad choice.

TNGabe said:
ABV is a little coma-ish for me. I don't drink mead or cyser, either. Just can't hang.

I'll have to admit it does get you quite stoopid. It's an energetic and bubbly buzz though. My wife forbade me to drink it in that quantity again ;)

Some homebrewed pale ale

Wow! Is that marshmallow fluff on top? Nice head!! Hahahaha

Decided to crack open the last one of these in celebration of finally completing my deck refinishing project! :mug:

View attachment 118699

View attachment 118700

Abrasive is amazing. Congrats on finishing. Such a goos feeling to finish a project like that. Cheers!

Just pulled another pint of my Pliny clone. Im getting stoopid on this Sunday. I need it after a 72 hour shift at work. I worked 8 of the last 10 days (24 hour shifts) and needed some beer!

Abrasive is amazing. Congrats on finishing. Such a goos feeling to finish a project like that. Cheers!

Just pulled another pint of my Pliny clone. Im getting stoopid on this Sunday. I need it after a 72 hour shift at work. I worked 8 of the last 10 days (24 hour shifts) and needed some beer!

I do love the Abrasive and was glad to get some this year. Putting a project in the rear view mirror is definitely a great feeling.

Sounds like you definitely need some beer after working that many hours! :mug:

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Wow! Is that marshmallow fluff on top? Nice head!! Hahahaha

It looks like it doesn't it... I've been getting some great head on my beers lately, and I don't know why. This one have very little body enhancing malts, and a very low FG.

First try of my Critical Mass Imperial Red. Would rather have taken a nicely composed shot, but I wanted to be sure to showcase the gorgeous color. Smells/tastes a lot like my Kiwi Red Ale from last fall, but a little more earthiness/spiciness which I am guessing is from the 4 oz. of Nugget. Good sweetness from the high-ish mash temp (finished at 1.020 from 1.099). Bitter for sure, but not overly so. Ahhh, the power of FWH.

Critical Mass.jpg

Latest posts

Back