More Brain Patties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Every time one of you mentions a yeast slurry I silently break into song... "All the ducks and geese better scurry, when I get a jar of yeast slurry..."

Misheard lyrics to "Loveshack"... at that point when the chick shouts something incomprehensible I hear "Bamboo breasted!.... yaks!"

My sister-in-law recently confessed that she thought Chelsea Handler was funny. WTF.

I asked a buddy of mine about his last batch of beer. At one point he said "and then I brewed the crap out of it." Not sure how that works.

I still dont understand why all women are more attractive when riding bicycles.

One of the pitfalls of growing up with your grandparents in the house is that you catch yourself using a louder voice than usual outside the home. "Can I help you, sir?" "YES I NEED SUPPOSITORIES PLEASE!!"

The woman in the depression medication ad to the right... yknow what, Im going to take the high road here. She is very attractive. How's that?

Is anyone's favorite fruit star'?

I tried coining a phrase unsuccessfully. "Wall Street Journal sex". Thats when sex, usually with someone you don't know well, is as much fun as reading the quotes on commodity futures. It didnt exactly spread like wildfire. I was, and am, very surprised.

Y'know what you never see? An angry butcher.

I saw a woman buying whole smoked herring at the store the other day. Is it worth the price?

And lastly for now... I gotta jump on this peeing in the shower bandwagon. I did the other day. My drain apparently has a clog. I'll spare the gory details but the bottoms of me feet are softer and more supple than they ever have been.

Not sure if I feel enlightened or disgusted with having spent the time to read it. So, I'm going to go with a 50/50 split, i.e. thanks for sharing you no good time waster!

Your post are like an accident on the freeway. you don't want to slow down to read em but you just cant seem to stop yourself

necrobump because starting a new threat wouldnt make sense.

My wife is continuing study in the cheese industry to train other cheese professionals, and the other day a book arrived at our door entitled "Sheep and Goat Science."

Am I the only one who pictures a Goat in a labcoat botching an experiment? Just me?

necrobump because starting a new threat wouldnt make sense.

My wife is continuing study in the cheese industry to train other cheese professionals, and the other day a book arrived at our door entitled "Sheep and Goat Science."

Am I the only one who pictures a Goat in a labcoat botching an experiment? Just me?

Nice save from the dead.
I pictured a horny sheep goat thing

Id like to try African food. I have no idea what it is like or what it tastes like. That pisses me off.

Id like to try African food. I have no idea what it is like or what it tastes like. That pisses me off.

Many of my coworkers are from West Africa. Liberia, Ghana, Cameroon, etc. The food is highly flavored, usually with very hot peppers. Lots of fish and rice. All meats are cooked to oblivion.
Last night I asked about a container of powder. She said it was powdered "yoga" root, but I think she meant yam. It was mixed with powdered milk and a few peanuts. She mixed it with milk or water, and cooked it in the microwave.

Vegetable oil, dried shrimp, onions, and crushed dry " long, red, Chinese hot peppers" is the recipe I got for what seems to be a flavor base to many dishes made by a Ghanan coworker. It's delicious and very aromatic. ;)

Many of my coworkers are from West Africa. Liberia, Ghana, Cameroon, etc. The food is highly flavored, usually with very hot peppers. Lots of fish and rice. All meats are cooked to oblivion.
Last night I asked about a container of powder. She said it was powdered "yoga" root, but I think she meant yam. It was mixed with powdered milk and a few peanuts. She mixed it with milk or water, and cooked it in the microwave.

Vegetable oil, dried shrimp, onions, and crushed dry " long, red, Chinese hot peppers" is the recipe I got for what seems to be a flavor base to many dishes made by a Ghanan coworker. It's delicious and very aromatic. ;)

I like all those words.

I work with a lot of Laotians and Mexicans and none of them share food with me.:( I'm trying to get them to collaborate on a dish that kills your mouth all the way down to your butt.

you tellin' me you wouldn't want to try that? And I'm sure in your mind you hear trumpets sound and angels sing a fargin', and I s#!t my goddam britches!

I have no interest in sending a wad of partially digested edible fire through my lower apparatus. I don't even want to THINK about it!

I want my farts to keep smelling like roses, not napalm.

1. Ethiopian food is outstanding. Next level treatment of really basic stuff. Meat and roots. Oh boy.

2. I also work with a lot of Mexicans. They like to feed me. We have one Laotian. He makes this spring roll things and his own sauce. Also, a 60 year old black man can and will barbecue anything he damn well pleases. Always good.

3. Because of the diversity of my diet, I find that my offgassing takes an oddly peppery finish on occasion. Rather enjoyable.

1. Ethiopian food is outstanding. Next level treatment of really basic stuff. Meat and roots. Oh boy.

2. I also work with a lot of Mexicans. They like to feed me. We have one Laotian. He makes this spring roll things and his own sauce. Also, a 60 year old black man can and will barbecue anything he damn well pleases. Always good.

3. Because of the diversity of my diet, I find that my offgassing takes an oddly peppery finish on occasion. Rather enjoyable.

1. Yes. Except for the doily bread. I thought it better suited as toilet paper alternative.

For 45 years, I've been told there is no food in Ethiopia. Even Sally Struthers said so.
Regards, GF.

Remember "we are the world"? With all of the millions of dollars people in the us alone donated it seems like the country could have been completely irrigated with water from desalination plants and every family could have their own John Deer tractor. It is very similar to what is going on in Haiti at the moment. Money goes in and nothing gets done and the "aid" organizations get rich off the money and free labor from volunteers.
It probably didn't help that Sally was eating all the food we were delivering over there.

To paraphrase Sam Kinnison; see this?It's sand .A hundred years from now it'll still be sand.MOVE CLOSER TO THE FOOD !

A local lawfirm on tv is advertising the possibility of a cash reward for those who have suffered medical injury after a transvaginal mesh implant or a bladder sling.

Now, I'm sure this is serious stuff, but am I the only one who thinks Bladder Sling is a dance move that didn't catch on?

Why is there no dessert with breakfast? Even if you have a dessert item for breakfast, it's not dessert, it's just breakfast. And come to think of it, dessert at lunch isn't all that common.
Regards, GF.

Pretend for a moment you own a convenience store or a bodega (if you actually do then this wont be a stretch).

One day out of nowhere a 10 foot tall green lizard man with a long tail comes in. You and the patrons are terrified.

He goes to the cooler, gets a carton of milk, and brings it to the front desk, putting down a $5 bill, indicating the intention to make a purchase. Still shaking, you ring him up. He takes his change, nods his big lizardman head, and leaves.

Over the next week your town or neighborhood is abuzz with rumors about the 10' tall lizard man. Apparently he has been there for about a week, but every interaction people have had with him has been similar. No words spoken, but nothing frightening actually happens other than the huge man's presence.

Over the next month he returns to your store several times to purchase milk, and each time its the same, a brief encounter ending in a purchase. Difference now is you have exchanged hellos and he has thanked you verbally once or twice.

A month after that, not only does he no longer frighten you but you've had a short, reasonably pleasant conversation about the weather. His lack of objectionable action coupled with your willingness to come to no immediate conclusions about the threat level he posed lead to a situation that works for all involved.

I am actively searching for an argument I can leverage this allegory in...

Pretend for a moment you own a convenience store or a bodega (if you actually do then this wont be a stretch).

One day out of nowhere a 10 foot tall green lizard man with a long tail comes in. You and the patrons are terrified.

He goes to the cooler, gets a carton of milk, and brings it to the front desk, putting down a $5 bill, indicating the intention to make a purchase. Still shaking, you ring him up. He takes his change, nods his big lizardman head, and leaves.

Over the next week your town or neighborhood is abuzz with rumors about the 10' tall lizard man. Apparently he has been there for about a week, but every interaction people have had with him has been similar. No words spoken, but nothing frightening actually happens other than the huge man's presence.

Over the next month he returns to your store several times to purchase milk, and each time its the same, a brief encounter ending in a purchase. Difference now is you have exchanged hellos and he has thanked you verbally once or twice.

A month after that, not only does he no longer frighten you but you've had a short, reasonably pleasant conversation about the weather. His lack of objectionable action coupled with your willingness to come to no immediate conclusions about the threat level he posed lead to a situation that works for all involved.

I am actively searching for an argument I can leverage this allegory in...

I am sure I could fit it into a conversation with my aunt (rabidly follows Glen Beck, is insistant that if the Muslims had it t heir way, everyone would be wearing a burka) when talking politics and religion.

She is fun to talk with, she is in no way understanding or fair in her arguments, but is so blinded by her beliefs that I just sit back and laugh at her and bait her with arguments that there is no way she will agree with. Is it bad that I enjoy our "fun conversations" that embarass the heck out of her family where she thinks she is being civil.

When I was growning up, we had a lizardman loose in the swamps. He chewed up a couple of cars as I remember. I don't think he was fit for polite society.

Yep, it's true. Wikipedia says so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard_Man_of_Scape_Ore_Swamp

Sounds to me like a good excuse for damage to your car and others from falling asleep at the wheel/drunk driving.

If -let or -lette is a diminutive suffix meaning small or petite, how many eggs would you need for an om?

Back