Manners!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerBS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just found this page in the forum. Forgive me for my bad manners. I brewed my first batch about 3 weeks ago. Did some reading( How to Brew) beforehand but all the reading in the world can't REALLY prepare you for your first brew. Of course I brewed and racked and then started second guessing many things I had done....and Google lead me to you. What a great area for information and help. I now read all the days posts before I go to bed each night.
I have a co-worker that has been brewing for many years now. He has a Octoberfest at his house every fall to try his 4-5 new beers. I asked him to make a few kegs for my wedding reception last December so the guests could enjoy his awesome homebrews. He agreed, and I helped him on brew day and have been hooked ever since.
I still haven't tried my finishet product yet, the anticipation is killing me! Planning my next batch right now.

Welcome! Sorry to inform you, but it's all downhill from here. Once you start, you can't stop. I just love the fact that it's an adiction that won't hurt anyone.

Yes, it's can be a consuming hobby! I recently took a keg to a wedding rehearsal party. What a blast enjoying your labors and sharing the good brew.

Welcome! Sorry to inform you, but it's all downhill from here. Once you start, you can't stop. I just love the fact that it's an adiction that won't hurt anyone.

I have also learned that. Every day I spend some amount of time checking on the brew, planning what I want to try next, studying other peoples methods, or looking to buy new equipment.

BrewerBS said:
I have also learned that. Every day I spend some amount of time checking on the brew, planning what I want to try next, studying other peoples methods, or looking to buy new equipment.

Just go big from the get go! I find the whole stepping up little by little, it only costs more. I went from 5 to 10 to 15 to 20 to 30 gallons, should have just jumped in with both feet the first time.

Back