Oh Nooooo!!! I am all out of homebrew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BansheeRider

Reaction score
and I had to go to the store and buy some Sam Adams. I am not against all commercial brews but I prefer to drink homebrew. I am still a noob at brewing and apparently I need to work more on my pipe line. I just went to kegging my beers and for some reason it feels like the beer gets consumed more quicker.

Question for everybody....what percentage of the beer you drink is homebrew? Do you sometimes take time off from brewing and go commercial for a while? Or do you prefer to drink nothing but YOUR beer?

:mug::rockin::cross::D

I drink ~80% or more my beer, but always have some bottles of something commercial on hand. My wife drinks about 95% my beer.

I'd say it's about 70% homebrew here. I still love getting and trying new things. Lucky for me, the stocked beer at the store over here changes weekly. Always something new to try.

I drink ~80% or more my beer, but always have some bottles of something commercial on hand. My wife drinks about 95% my beer.

Haha that's classic. My wife is not a beer drinker, but a wine drinker. I wish she drank my beer so it would be easier to justify my brewing obsession :mug:

Just had the house painted while I was away. The painter is a good friend, told him to help himself. Well, never imagined he will polish off 2 kegs. Plan on brewing 2 batches this weekend and next to catch up.

Probably 90% homebrew here these days. I've been brewing every other week this year, and the pipeline is fat these days.

Just had the house painted while I was away. The painter is a good friend, told him to help himself. Well, never imagined he will polish off 2 kegs....

What did the paint job look like? :mug:

To answer the OP:
About 90% Homebrew, and when we go out we prefer to get craft brews. Sometimes the pipeline dries out then it's back to Yuengling Amber Lager (wife) and Black & Tan (me).

What did the paint job look like? :mug:

To answer the OP:
About 90% Homebrew, and when we go out we prefer to get craft brews. Sometimes the pipeline dries out then it's back to Yuengling Amber Lager (wife) and Black & Tan (me).

I love Yuengling but it is not sold in CA! Damn! I just brewed an EPA and Irish Stout. Sounds like the perfect recipe for Black and Tans :)

100% of the beer I drink is beer.

Are you sure about that!?

100% of the beer I drink is beer.

:mug:

My only commercial beer purchase in 2012 (outside of pubs and such) was a couple of half-cases of SA's Hopology (and I did the same thing a month or so ago). Otherwise it's all home brew, with a fairly broad and deep pipeline...

Cheers!

i keep a good pipeline, but i also have some sn pale ale, bigfoot barleywine, 1.5 cases snow day, and a few other commercial bottles chilled. i have a pale ale fermenting now made from a starter of the dregs of a few bottles of sn pale ale

:mug:

My only commercial beer purchase in 2012 (outside of pubs and such) was a couple of half-cases of SA's Hopology (and I did the same thing a month or so ago). Otherwise it's all home brew, with a fairly broad and deep pipeline...

Cheers!

I saw the SA Hopology at Costco today, first time I've ever seen it. Is that a good beer or what?

I'd say 80% home brew. I keep at least one keg on tap, and another carbonating at all times, plus anywhere from 5 to 10 cases of bottled beer on hand. This year my pipeline is getting built up very quickly, so I can take some time this fall for one of my other obsessions; bow hunting for Deer, Elk, and wild pigs.

I know I might not be the smartest man in the world, but I'm having a problem figuring this math out :):drunk:

I will be in this sad condition in about 4 more sixes. I've got the first two fermenters of the season full and the airlocks chugging, but there's no way the new crop will be ready before the 2012 stuff is all gone.....the pipeline was a case or two short.

I know I might not be the smartest man in the world, but I'm having a problem figuring this math out :):drunk:

Meaning of his comsumption he drinks 80% homebrew and the rest commercial, his wife drinks homebrew 95% of the time and the other 5% are commercial offerings.

Back