• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas 12" 30 plate chiller for Chillzilla trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hot_carl

Reaction score
Looking to trade an almost new (used twice so far) 3"x12" 30 plate chiller for a chillzilla or similar convoluted counterflow chiller. This thing is super efficient, but as I whirlpool with the chiller inline, I have worries about trub/hops getting clogged up during a brew sessions. I'm willing to give up a bit of efficiency since it whirlpools back into the wort until the whole lot is the right temp. Gets back and forward flushed with hot PBW until clean and then the same treatment with boiling clear water after each brew, then baked in the oven to sanitize/ash-out and remaining material. Has female/male hose threads for water size, 1/2" NPT for wort side. Not interested in homemade counterflows...I have one of those, looking for one of the all metal convoluted counterflows that I can whirlpool through without fear of clogging. PM me if interested.

Back