What is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneArcher

Reaction score
My google-foo must be weak, cant identify what this is. The large carboy with the magnum opening. I use it for primary, love it too - I can watch all the hard core action!

The root of the question stems from my desire to acquire another. So, what is it called?

Thanks!
Nick

P.S. sorry about the crummy picture, it is all I have ATM.

image.jpg

Did you google "Wide Mouth Carboys?"

You'll find different types. Especially if you do an image search. I know Nalgene makes some and they are hugely expensive.

Yes I did. It's glass though. I see all sorts of plastic ones, and a few lab type equipment ones with many spigots that are made of glass. We have tons of nalgene ones on the farm. I really like the fact it's glass, it cleans so nice and as mentioned, I can see all the awesomeness happen.

I searched for "wide mouth carboy" added/replaced words: glass, opening, top, large

Can't seem to find this baby. But, is that all it's called? Just a wide mouth carboy? I really, really want four more. Almost don't care about cost at this point. I can't find where to get them.

Yes I did. It's glass though. I see all sorts of plastic ones, and a few lab type equipment ones with many spigots that are made of glass. We have tons of nalgene ones on the farm. I really like the fact it's glass, it cleans so nice and as mentioned, I can see all the awesomeness happen.

I searched for "wide mouth carboy" added/replaced words: glass, opening, top, large

Can't seem to find this baby. But, is that all it's called? Just a wide mouth carboy? I really, really want four more. Almost don't care about cost at this point. I can't find where to get them.

what makes it so special?

I may have to resort to going to that. I really like mine; it's just over five gallons, so after you leave the lees and other crud, the regular carboy is filled up nice. Maybe this is enough of an excuse to bump up the volume a bit.

Nice find! Thank!

Latest posts

Back