I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BobbiLynn said:
Once my son said when asked if his mother(me) ever physically hurt him and he replied "No, but she made us afraid she would". He was 5 or 6 years old then and some kind of incident happened where I was questioned by the children/family government group, my kids questioned too.

I don't even know why I'm back to thinking about the self defense classes. I want him(the person who attacked me knows who he is), or anyone else to know, do not try to attack me. I will defend myself and you will get hurt. The instructor said I had very good instincts and "street smarts". Like how to say back off, but also be in an offensive/defensive position, depending on what is needed. Hands up, palms out. I am looking forward to more classes, the instructor says I am "a natural", I think that has something to do with me living in the woods.

I'm pretty sure you can handle a situation!

opus345 said:
Reminds me of an older uncle of mine.

I had a very old aunt who wasn't pretty. She once showed off her license photo. She knew it looked bad, and showed it precisely because Of that. She's been beautiful to me ever since. My last license looks horrible, and I can accept that. But I tried to look nice that day! :mad:

Here's one for us Lead. Stauff, I bought this album hot off the presses last time I was in Texas.

I gotta tell ya... people in EP Texas can be dumba$$es sometimes, but they know how to tear $hit up when it comes to music!

I aint no different!

Love me some butthole surfers!

Skate or die!!!!

:tank:

I gotta tell ya... people in EP Texas can be dumba$$es sometimes, but they know how to tear $hit up when it comes to music!

I aint no different!

Love me some butthole surfers!

Skate or die!!!!

:tank:

We covered this one too many years ago: one of my favorites to play:

SKATE - I never could but I could cut it up on a waterski:drunk:

Okay, I'm done with posting music. Sorry everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think I have that one on my Time Life collection...

We had a birthday party today for my middle boy (6 years already) today. I'm out here trying to dispose of the Miller Lite that the guests didn't drink. Did you ever notice that little tab you can punch out on the top of the can? That's a great idea:drunk:

Stauffbier said:
I'm supposed to get up early and brew 9 gallons of my house saison tomorrow, but I'm just having too much dang fun drinking and screwing around online to get to bed....

I boiled water and jars to wash yeast, but now it looks like I'll just have another grubby fermentor to clean next week :)

I boiled water and jars to wash yeast, but now it looks like I'll just have another grubby fermentor to clean next week :)

haha.. I always procrastinate on boiling water for yeast washing for some reason. I dump a lot of yeast that I should be washing... :eek:

I have six jars of saved (not even washed) yeast still in the bottom shelf of my beer fridge from at least a year ago. I leave the door open for a bit sometimes hoping they will leave on their own.

I have six jars of saved (not even washed) yeast still in the bottom shelf of my beer fridge from at least a year ago. I leave the door open for a bit sometimes hoping they will leave on their own.

I had a jar like that in my beer fridge. It was the same saison yeast for the the batch I'm brewing tomorrow. It was in my fridge for about 10 months. The other day I decided it was silly to keep it, since it was so old. I decided to dump it. When I opened it, it exploded with pressure. Come to find out, it was still attenuating at 38F all this time. Lesson learned; cold crashing DOES NOT stop fermentation 100%!

Me too, but I looked and they are still there!!! Shoved to the back of the bottom shelf now, making it harder for them to escape. :eek:

Me too, but I looked and they are still there!!! Shoved to the back of the bottom shelf now, making it harder for them to escape. :eek:

If it starts to take on the color of peanut butter, then toss it. Not worth the DME to get it back to life, much less the possibility of infection.

thumb2_img_20130427_012555_861-59577.jpg

This one is over two years old looking back at my BrewSmith log. I doubt it would ferment anything but I opened and smelled it and I didn't puke (it actually smelled pretty good). I might even drink the beer off the top if I were desperate enough:drunk:

This one is over two years old looking back at my BrewSmith log. I doubt it would ferment anything but I opened and smelled it and I didn't puke (it actually smelled pretty good). I might even drink the beer off the top if I were desperate enough:drunk:

I have some that look just like that, at least you filled to the top, or mostly to the top. Keeps it nice and fresh!! :fro:

I have some that look just like that, at least you filled to the top, or mostly to the top. Keeps it nice and fresh!! :fro:

Yeah, I'm keeping it. It's not really bothering me and never asks for money or to use my truck or anything. I wonder if that sticky bond it had with the bottom of the fridge will reform? I hope the rest of the jars don't pick on it now.

I will ramble. I ask my neighbors, the far away neighbors, the ones who moved in fairly recently. A couple years ago. Can I get a ride to town, sure they say, but how will you get back? I say "Right now I just need a ride there, worrying about how to get back is not a concern yet!!!" So I ride with them at the same time they have to go to work, walk to their place, just hop in the back seat, just get me there. And they say again, well, how will you get back home? When do you need to get back home? I'll figure it out, for now I just have to get there, don't worry, I am not worried. So the neighbor lady gets her man to go give me a ride home, after she had dropped me off. I can find a ride home, I'm not stranded. But if you want, okay, wait and give me a ride back home too. They are a very nice couple.

Hey Mike... Mike! MIKE!!! We just want to talk to you!

Ironically my name is Mike, and I totally resembled this song. My mom raised me by herself (sorry mom. Love you!), and I was always stoned and listening to heavy metal and partying in my bedroom. I wasn't asking for pepsi, but same difference either way.

Man... Walking down memory lane is bittersweet. I never imagined I would start making beer. I'm drunk! Carry on good people! :drunk:

They stuck me in an institution,
Said it was the only solution
To give me the needed professional help, to protect me from the enemy, myself.

Now, I can't get that song out of my head...

I wore an ST hat backwards with hair most of the way to my ass for about a year at college. I was the coolest! There is no need to get that song out of your head.

I will ramble. I ask my neighbors, the far away neighbors, the ones who moved in fairly recently. A couple years ago. Can I get a ride to town, sure they say, but how will you get back? I say "Right now I just need a ride there, worrying about how to get back is not a concern yet!!!" So I ride with them at the same time they have to go to work, walk to their place, just hop in the back seat, just get me there. And they say again, well, how will you get back home? When do you need to get back home? I'll figure it out, for now I just have to get there, don't worry, I am not worried. So the neighbor lady gets her man to go give me a ride home, after she had dropped me off. I can find a ride home, I'm not stranded. But if you want, okay, wait and give me a ride back home too. They are a very nice couple.

Bobbi, you get it! Even if you have no idea what we're talking about:D

My son fractured his elbow tonight, so the doctor said no baseball tomorrow. My son replied, "I'm going to dress and go to the game. That way I can be counted and we don't have to forfeit. I don't want to let the guys down". I was proud.

Nothing like a good kid that makes dad proud! My daughter (19) finished her shift at work and drove 70-some miles to get to her half-brothers 6'th birthday party today so she could give him his gift then turned around and drove back for her double shift tomorrow.

thumb2_img_20130427_012555_861-59577.jpg

I can see the next episode of Yeast Horders on A&E:

"Emmy Award-nominated Yeast Hoarders (Season 1) on A&E continues to follow extreme homebrewers, whose mental disorder creates an obsessive need to collect yeast, even if the yeast smells like puke. Desperately in need of help, yeast hoarders often face eviction, loss of their children, or divorce. This season, experts attempt to spend 24 hours in each homebrewer's house."

I have successfully saved enough yeast to make 5000 gallons of beer. Woohoo!!!

Bobbi, you get it! Even if you have no idea what we're talking about:D

In a sort of hazy daze today, going back in time to figure things out, and still no idea what we were talking about. I am pretty sure that the men in white coats are coming to get me. Just hope I can find a ride back home.

I wonder if that sticky bond it had with the bottom of the fridge will reform? I hope the rest of the jars don't pick on it now.

Once a bond like that gets broken, it is very difficult for it to re-form. Something similar happened to me years ago, my very first boyfriend. He was very clingy.

So... I have a hangover. Big surprise, right!?

That won't stop me from brewing 9 gallons of saison today, though.

Brew day must go on! :ban:

That won't stop me from brewing 9 gallons of saison today, though.

Brew day must go on! :ban:

Happy brew day to you, happy brew day to you!

Not even sure if I am hungover, I know I am sore from my class last week. Fall down, get back up, fall down, get back up. Trainer says, okay, one more time, then, okay, one more time. Then, okay, one more time. I think he tried to kill me. Then he says go home and practice, so I practice, fall down, get back up. I think this is a good skill to know. Especially for homebrewers. Then there was hands up, round about twist, get out of the choke hold, arms moving means legs moving too, create space, keep your eyes on your combatant.

I asked hubby, does he want to try and attack me, I need practice, but he said no. :mad: Surprised my back doesn't hurt anymore, probably got it loosened up good. Or now just distracted by the other pains so not noticing it.

Oh, I should be getting pictures of my hops growing and jars of wonderful saved yeast. But there is a man in my tree and I wanted a better picture of my ugly chicken. I think I will go to the chicken site and show him off. Most people show off their pretty chickens, but for some reason, I am most proud of this one. The thing that impresses me is his confidence, he either doesn't know he is ugly or he doesn't care. Either way, I can respect that.

uglychicken2.jpg

manintree.jpg

Brewing a Scottish ale today... I'm going to go through the trouble of caramelizing the first runnings, because it makes this beer go from good to fantastic.

Bobbi, that man in your tree is not well.

Hows the kegging going? Sounds like you've figured out how to serve them in rapid succession :)

But there is a man in my tree

Bobbi, what's that guy doing up there? I'm worried for him actually.
Brewing a Scottish ale today... I'm going to go through the trouble of caramelizing the first runnings, because it makes this beer go from good to fantastic.

I did just that a few years ago. It was really good and age great (I think I might have some bottles left, in boxes).

Hows the kegging going? Sounds like you've figured out how to serve them in rapid succession :)

Yeah, I got it down a little too good now! A few too many pulls on the DIPA tap last night!

I don't know if you all have Whataburger in your town, but I gotta tell ya there is no better hangover cure than a double meat burger from there!
It can cure what "ales" you!

Bobbi, what's that guy doing up there? I'm worried for him actually.

The tree is now removed and the man is safe and sound. That was the last tree hanging over the house. Well, tree not completely gone, laying in the yard with 5 others. Going to turn some into lumber and some for the woodburning stove and to cook outside. Of course a bonfire too. The man's name is Craig and he is very good at what he does, he's a treeman.

Funny, I gave Craig an oregano beer to take home with him yesterday, said he tried it and it was very good! Hubby says, she seasoned it with oregano, and he said he did not notice the oregano flavor!!! Said it was more flavorful and more bitter than what he is used to, but liked it. How did he not taste the oregano or not notice the flavor?! So just opened another to try it again and I definitely taste the flavor and seems to me easily identifiable. I don't think I used too much oregano, must get another batch done soon. First one isn't lasting long and it was so quick to make.

Back