Cinco De Mayo soda???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAlexander

Reaction score
A friend of mine is throwing a Cinco De Mayo party and I told him I'd bring a keg of beer. He then asked if I could make some soda for the kids and drivers. I figured I should try to keep onto a theme of Mexican. Anybody got any suggestions? Jarrito, Sarsparilla???

Malta maybe? Its basically a unfermented malt bomb and can be pretty delicious. Have it regularly since I was a kid

Make a sangria flavored soda.

This one looks like a promising NA sangria to base it on. (I like this one because it adds some tea for tannins, to simulate the bite of the normal Red wine used there.)

Or this one.

Sangria is technically Spanish, but most folks don't know the difference between Spanish and Mexican in terms of food and drink anyway.

What about a keg of sparkling lemon-limeade for pseudo margaritas?

If it's for kids too you may have to be less authentic and more like soda or sparkling juice.

I'd go with a lime soda with a few chiles in there for a slight lingering heat similar to a good ginger ale.

Here's another vote for Tamarind. I live in the Southwest and Tamarind-flavored soda is popular around here. Never tried it myself though.

You can get Tamarind flavor concentrates from some of the shaved ice/snow cone suppliers. Should work well for soda.

Some of these suppliers also sell a horchata flavor. Horchata is a popular drink in Latin America. Not sure how that would work in a soda but it might be fun to try out.

Back