Strange but true home brew story!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock on; Those of you that don't get Halifax don't feel bad; nor give 'em grief. He's got stories to tell in his own way of 'tellin. Think of it like livin outside your box for a while vicariously through someone else. Just go with the flow while consuming a nice homebrew.

Oh I'm pretty sure I get him... He's likely traumatized from war exposure, at least moderately mentally ill, and at least severely drunk! What's to not get?

He's likely traumatized from war exposure, at least moderately mentally ill, and at least severely drunk!

not sure about the first two, but i'll give ya #3.

definitely entertaining - rock on, Halifaxhops. keep those stories coming. i don't always understand 100% of them, but the bits i do get are awesome. i'm a' learnin'.

Halifaxhops made an epic post late last night but it appears that it has been deleted. booooooo.

Sorry people,
I am hanging on by a thread here. The redhead blue eys was a joke. The night i posted it was right after I saw a news report about local prisoners getting unemployment, wellfare etc etc. Boy was I pissed. I cannot get unemployment because I have 2 k in the bank and a small buisness. I did my time, yes in the military for Almost 25 YRs 19 in Specops. I have one question to ask all that critisize----WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR FREEDOM TODAY? I will not take welfare or food stamps. heating subiidies or any thing else. The disease I have from Going to war protecting your sorry mommys apron asses Alreadyec makes me fell like less of a man than what I once was.

Sorry people,
I am hanging on by a thread here. The redhead blue eys was a joke. The night i posted it was right after I saw a news report about local prisoners getting unemployment, wellfare etc etc. Boy was I pissed. I cannot get unemployment because I have 2 k in the bank and a small buisness. I did my time, yes in the military for Almost 25 YRs 19 in Specops. I have one question to ask all that critisize----WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR FREEDOM TODAY? I will not take welfare or food stamps. heating subiidies or any thing else. The disease I have from Going to war protecting your sorry mommys apron asses Alreadyec makes me fell like less of a man than what I once was. Any ont that has a probrel with this or thinks this or me is not forthwright, Visit me, 532 Miller Rd, Halifax Pa!
careful, i live only 2 hours away... :D

HALIFAXHOPS said:
Sorry people,
I am hanging on by a thread here. The redhead blue eys was a joke. The night i posted it was right after I saw a news report about local prisoners getting unemployment, wellfare etc etc. Boy was I pissed. I cannot get unemployment because I have 2 k in the bank and a small buisness. I did my time, yes in the military for Almost 25 YRs 19 in Specops. I have one question to ask all that critisize----WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR FREEDOM TODAY? I will not take welfare or food stamps. heating subiidies or any thing else. The disease I have from Going to war protecting your sorry mommys apron asses Alreadyec makes me fell like less of a man than what I once was. Any ont that has a probrel with this or thinks this or me is not forthwright, Visit me, 532 Miller Rd, Halifax Pa!

I'll drop in for a brew or three next time I'm up fishing the Susquehanna. Will bring samples :)

Thank god you rednecks live where the rest of us don't have to look at you. And your story sucks btw.

What did you do for your country today?

Me, I woke up this morning after serving her for 26 years and posted the colors. Not much effort I suppose. Then I went to work where I support our Navy men and women.

Sorry people,

I hear you brother. I totally respect your views on hand outs. You are a warfighter who protected our country and it takes a bit getting use to the self serving lazy a$$ed perspective some people take. Really no reason to ever get use to their BS. F em!

You served your country well. Hang in there.

Hey bro, you're right I don't know. But what I do know is that you put your life on the line, sacrificed family time, were gone far away for many ops and you do indeed love this country of ours.

You have no idea. I GOT IN TROUBLE WITH punks BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT RESPECT THE FLAG. f THEM AND THE PARENT THAT FORGOT THEIR ROOTS. I HAVE MY GREAT GRANDDADS PORTRAIT ON THE WALL WITH HIS IMMIGRATION PAPERSf rom Ellis Island ON THE BACK. 1879, HE WAS A EUROPEAN AND HAD TO SPEAK ENGLISH TO be able to GET THEM..Imagine doing that nowaydays? It is probably illegal!

SAR Swimmer! That is extremely heroic BM1! More I get to know you the more I respect you.

It is frustrating dealing with people who take their freedom for granted.

When we were in the military, core values were a standard we based our lives on. It was taught, not through brainwashing or fear. When we were just young sucklings so to speak we were shown by example and learned about Honor, Courage, Committment, Sacrifice, Devotion, and it became part of who we are.

Sorry to say, but some people (they are certainly not the majority) take our core values for granted and have no idea what that creed means to us. They have no F ing clue the amount of self sacrifice we endure to help them wake up day after day to a free country!

There were certainly times in my life where I asked WTF? Why am I deploying the day before Christmas? I've missed to many holidays and birthdays over the years. Why do I have to learn of my child's birth across the ship's 1MC. I should be home but here I am all alone if not for my buddies. My family has made such a sacrifice to allow me to protect the country we live in.

But it all worked out in the end. Perseverance , faith and love got us through the tough times.

I hear your pain my brother. Retiring from a world you are very familiar with and then tossed into the civilian community is not the easiest thing to do. I'm sure you have gone on missions some people would be awed by, but your military training got you through them. Same principals apply in your new life.

Your next mission is to have a happy retirement and life after the military. The transition isn't always easy. You can find help from the VA or if you don't want to talk with them you can always talk to me or other vets, there are many on HBT and the VFW and just people you meet who have the same story. There are a lot of us around.

Vets lived a life a lot of people don't understand. There are many who care for you. It's all good.

SCPO USN, Retired

There are to many people in this country today that take their freedom for granted, they don't know how lucky they are. They don't even realize how is has become that they are free. They think that the freedoms that we have in this country are common place and are the same everywhere. Your freedoms were BOUGHT BY THE LIVES OF MANY COURAGEOUS PEOPLE WHO STOOD UP WHEN MOST WOULD TURN AND RUN!! I see people everyday that don't have a clue as to how their freedom was attained. I served, hated every day of it, and would not of traded any day of it for any day of living without freedom! I proudly salute all that have served and if anyone thinks that just because he pays taxes, that he has done the same can kiss my ass!!!! I do however know that there are some who would of served if they could of, but due to their health or whatever could not and those I salute also. It's those that think that they are to good to serve or that serving is beneath them that I cannot tolerate! " if you don't love this's country then leave it"

HALIFAXHOPS, I like you. We probably don't agree on a lot of political issues, but I 100% appreciate your service, and giving up your freedom to the US Military in order to preserve the freedom of everyone in our great nation. I only had a short stint in the army, nothing that would scratch the surface of what you have seen and done, but it was enough to impress upon me how much people give up when they join the military.

All that is just words, but you continued to impress when I got some rhizomes from you and they showed up less than a week later. Promptly delivered, fairly priced and well packaged.

I enjoy the stories so keep 'em coming. And if you accidentally get some pics that have the "help" in the background, I doubt you would get many complaints :tank:

Damn HALIFAX say it aint so?!?!
Was looking forward to some eye pleasing candi. Aint much to look at here in A$$ghanistan. Just want to get home ant BREW!!!!
:rockin:

Hops Oast< works great!

SAM_0035.jpg

SAM_0033.jpg

SAM_0034.jpg

SAM_0032.jpg

SAM_0031.jpg

105 at the bottom 95 at the top. Just bought a temp controller. Sure beats temp switches. I had no idea I still had hops in there. Cas and columbus.

So, insulated U.S. Navy Coffin locker with...duct booster fan...three heat lamps controlled off a thermostat installed above the hops...you're sucking the air up so it comes in, flows over the heat lamps, through the hops, over the thermostat and up and out through the corner. This sound about right?

What's the white PVC tubing coming in right by the lights? It looks like it runs up and over the unit. Is it recirculating the air or is that brining in fresh air from outside?

Yes the hops are a giveaway. Any one waqnt them for shipping? Prob 3 oz of colubus and 1/2 lb of cascade. Totally forgot abot them went through the winter in the shed. Not a business to me jus a get the way to get away from the wife. Labor of anti lust I guess. Upgraded to a temp controller. Just pay shipping would not brew with it, maybe an infuser?. Mike says hello by the way. Had a great night that night. Check out the caszilla post should be interesting.

Back