How am I lookin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaperruque

Reaction score
Started my first home brew on 04.09 at a gravity reading of 1.095. Today I'm at 1.012 and my temp is 68. I need to move to 2nd soon for my dry hop. What do you all think?

image-2978350319.jpg

That is really impressive for your first homebrew. It is no easy feat getting a beer that big to ferment out so nicely. Excellent job. You may want to let it sit in primary for another week or more to let the yeast clean up after themselves. Then you can transfer it to secondary or just leave it in primary and dryhop in primary. A beer that big will benefit by sitting on the yeast a little longer. I would give it at least a month before you bottle or keg it. Also carbonation will take a little longer. If you are bottling plan on giving it 3-4 weeks in the bottle. Let us know how it turns out and welcome to the obsession.

You should transfer to secondary AFTER hitting your final gravity. This is a good idea because you're dry hopping, and it's going to be VERY high ABV...but usually, I never do the secondary anymore

You should transfer to secondary AFTER hitting your final gravity. This is a good idea because you're dry hopping, and it's going to be VERY high ABV...but usually, I never do the secondary anymore

I find this a little confusing. You are telling to OP to transfer to secondary even though you don't do it anymore. :confused:

I find this a little confusing. You are telling to OP to transfer to secondary even though you don't do it anymore. :confused:

If you read, I said its because his ABV% is massively high...anything with that much alcohol will need to sit in a secondary for a while.

Most of my ales are only 6% so I don't secondary

Peace god

Back