woohoo ..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

refluxologist

Reaction score
First brew is resting in the fermenter..

I chose a Belgian Blonde Ale, looked nice and being a full extract brew figured it was a good starting point.

Everything went according to the script and tastes like a beer with lots of sugar =D

Thinkin i'm going to dump it into a keg in two weeks or so.

Ya!

Woo! Wait... what are we doing? :D

Congrats! I predict that it will become beer.

You use an existing recipe or make it up?

Nice! Looks like a good recipe to me. If you can, try to raise the temp towards the end of fermentation. Also, let it sit on the yeast awhile. Belgian yeast benefits greatly from this.

The only fast forward buttons are a coma or cocaine. I don't recommend either. Got to build up your pipeline of beer. Also hoard beer like a squirrel does his nuts. If you can't brew through the winter, it sucks. Found that out going through my first winter. :D

recommend that you try this same recipe but dry-hop it with an ounce of citra some day....when i did it with a similar recipe we were stunned, and its the only beer I've ever brewed that multiple people said they wanted to buy as much as they could from me. of course....everybody's tastes are different...

Just checked the fermenter and the airlock is bubbling away nicely. Super happy.

The room stays around 66f, I can wrap a warming belt that will bring it into the mid 70's that should allow the yeasties to get all excited for the last mile.

I'm looking forward to doing it again, dry hopping some citra sounds like a capitol idea.

So here is an update.

I didnt ramp the temp for the last few days of the ferm, got busy and forgot mostly.

it cleared up awesome, the chub/yeast cake settled nicely.

I racked it into a corny and set the PSI to 15 and placed it horizontal in the fridge.

that was a week ago.
Sampling it yesterday and it's carbed up nicely but with out a head to speak of.
while pouring you get large bubbles and they dissipate quickly.

regardless it tastes awesome! not sweet, very hoppy and good mouthfeel overall I am pleased with my first brew..

Back