Coors keggle conversion dip tube question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtn_Brewer

Reaction score
So I got this coors keg from my neighbor for free and I'm going to make my first keggle. I'd like to find a ball valve/bulkhead/dip-tube assembly but the stuff online doesn't specify if it is for a standard parallel sided keg or a coors. Is there actually any difference at the ball valve level? I hadn't given it much thought except that as I was shopping around it appears there is a different assembly needed for a sightglass. Thanks.

image-3601427051.jpg

On my golden gate kegs the sides are rounded a bit like yours, mine have welded in couplings that I can screw the tubes into. I can cut the tubes down to whatever size I need to fit the keg. What are you going to use (or thinking about using)? I'd also recommend you to use an angle grinder instead of your dremel to cut it open; lots faster.

Good luck with your conversion,

Already cut it. I had a bunch of dremel wheels and no cutting wheel for my angle grinder. It took about 45 minutes but the cut is precise.

I'm going to use it for an HLT and boil kettle, so I'd like a dip tube that hits the low spot in the keg and be able to go through a 10 inch false bottom as a hop screen.

I can DIY something, bit I was wondering if there is an off-the-shelf dip tube that someone could direct me to for a Coors keg. Again, I'm not even sure that there is actually any difference between a parallel sided keg and one with a bulge when it comes to dip-tubes but I'd rather find out before I order something that won't fit. Thanks.

image-1485812816.jpg

I have the same style of keg and I used a weldless bulkhead with a stainless elbow and a hose barb attached to it. It picks up from the side and it doesn't leave much wort behind. It is really close to the side so it doesn't interfere with my wort chiller either.

Back