Damaged Rhizome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjs0187

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I ordered some cascade and columbus rhizomes and one of the columbus rhizomes looks like it has eyelets on each end, but it was dried out in the middle and it snapped in half. If I plant both pieces, is there any chance that it will grow?

They might, they are a pretty tough little plant, if it was me I would call up whoever you ordered from and have them send you some new ones. My magnum and teamaker I had ordered from freshhops this year where pretty banged up, all buds knocked off and many main roots beaten off like a stubborn mule. They came up though, maybe two weeks behind, but they are comin on up.

Last year, ordered online, only 1/2 the rhizomes grew. This year, ordered from the LHBS, they came in looking awesome.

They might, they are a pretty tough little plant, if it was me I would call up whoever you ordered from and have them send you some new ones. My magnum and teamaker I had ordered from freshhops this year where pretty banged up, all buds knocked off and many main roots beaten off like a stubborn mule. They came up though, maybe two weeks behind, but they are comin on up.

Greenbudobeer,

Per your advice I contacted the the vendor (MoreFlavor) and they actually sent me the invoice for a replacement colombus rhizome less than an hour after I sent in the "Problem with Order Form". Now that is amazing customer service!

Back