Thanks a lot bargain fittings!?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jklinden

Reaction score
On me...ordered half coupling needed full coupling, embarrassed

image-150549996.jpg

Have you called them about this yet? They have great customer service, they will probably replace it really quick if you call them

everything i got from em was great. might want to call em before you bash em Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

you can only thread in a nipple one way with a 1/2 coupling

the taper part of the thread is sometimes recessed so no thread shows on the nipple. that 1/2 couple looks like a recessed npt

All my half couplings were like that too, but I think it os intentional.. They are only made to take threads from one side. Full couplings will have the female threads on both sides.

Yeh i screwed up. Totally thought i specified full coupling but i didn't i ordered a half.. I substituted a brass 1/2 inch full coupling from lowes. Not as sexy but it works. Still red in the cheeks over my screwup,,,

If you have a tap you could run the thread all the way through and make small full couplings, although they would be more like straight thread instead of tapered thread.

Latest posts

Back