Too humid in headspace for hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StMarcos

Reaction score
I've been considering a way to dryhop in my pressurized fermenter (brewhemoth). How about holding a hopbag up in the headspace with a magnet, and then releasing after the fermentation finishes? I'd need a magnet capable of holding both the hops and a weight to sink the bag. Not terribly confident about this plan, just throwing it out there. Would need to find a polymer encased magnet, likely much larger than a 2'' stirbar. Also worried that the hops might grow some funk during that week, or otherwise not retain their freshness.

How about using something like a hop rocket and recirculating through it with a pump? I think Sierra Nevada has a similar process they call a beer torpedo or something similar... might be the answer you are looking for.

I dry hop in my kegs in a paint strainer bag tied to a piece of unflavored dental floss and to the handle of the keg. The keg seals up fine and works pretty good. Not sure if this helps as I have no idea what a brewhemoth pressurized fermenter looks like (unless its a conical lol)

Latest posts

Back