When do you shower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When do you shower?

• When I get up

• When I go to bed

• Both when i get up and when i go to bed

• I take baths instead

• When I get home from work

• Before I go to work

• Both before and after work

• I don't shower

• I use the local stream

• Deodorant is good enough for me

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShootsNRoots

Reaction score
Just curious... I feel dirty going to bed without showering; but I also feel dirty getting up in the morning and not showering...

The third Tuesday of the month. :fro:

Usually when I get up, and sometimes in the evening if I've been working out, mowing the lawn, etc.

As soon as I wake up. If I don't shower as soon as I wake up, I feel de-energized all day.

I shower before going to work, usually don't shower on off days unless I'm going somewhere or smell especially bad. I considered the double shower method but I can't stand it.

Define dirty? ;)

Annual+Mud+Day+Celebration+Lets+Kids+Get+Dirty+rOS7KBcnzkel.jpg

Used to shower first thing in the morning. First one wake, first in the shower, always hot water for me.

Now I'm trying to catch a 5am train, so I'm showering at night.

I shower as soon as I'm out of bed in the morning. If I don't I also feel de-energized and crappy the rest of the day. I feel as if everyone is looking at me thinking I was too lazy to take a shower. Plus, if I shower at night I just wake up with my hair all greasy in the morning sending me straight into the shower....

I shower when I wake up, but if I need another one, say after yard work, then I take another one before bed.
Regards, GF.

I shower both at night and in the morning. The night shower is to clean off. Hot water, soap, shampoo, shave, the works. The morning shower is a quick rinse, usually with cooler water to wake up. No need for coffee and its the best way to get rid of bed-head.

I read the poll options, no need for deodorant with regular showers, unless I throw in a bike ride, jog, or some kind of work around the house. I've brewed in 100F+ heat. I showered after brewing.

Used to be 100% always before bed. Didn't matter if I got home at 1 AM, I'd take a shower. Don't remember when, but I started showering in the morning before work, so that's pretty much the norm now. Doesn't matter if I'm waking up knowing I'm going to be getting dirty right away, I still have to take a shower or I feel scuzzy all day. After a long day of work, I'll take a shower at night to clean up, and partly to relax. But if that shower is, say, before going out to dinner, odds are very good I'll take another shower the next morning.

Which all seems kind of odd to me, because I can go up into the Boundary Waters (or any other wilderness camping area) and go an entire week without SEEING a bar of soap, let alone bathing, and be 100% fine with it.

For me it depends. Sometimes I get up early and beat my with to the shower. Sometimes I take one in the evening if I can remember to work around the kid's after dance shower schedule. Kid #1 will be home from college for the summer soon, so things will only get more difficult to work around. Hopefully she will be up early for her job.

Typically morning and night or whenever it rains.

Back