Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrNickVT said:
Okay. I'm heading to a Lawson's 5th anniversary party tomorrow. So I'm hoping to land a couple double sunshine ipa and also their new never released peril iipa and a couple BBA imperial stouts :)

TNGabe said:
I'm guessing Ed will be stoked if you do.

If that's directed at me then heck ya I'd be stoked!!!!

Allow them to address these situations via PM, rather than discussing it in this thread.
10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see how this goes second time around! BTW this has been a lot of fun guys! I'm blown away by everyones generosity! Cheers

Alpine Beer Co. - Exponential Hoppiness, Pure Hoppiness, and/or Nelson IPA.
Kern River - Citra (or any IPA/IIPA)
Surly - Overrated
Revolution - Anti-Hero IPA
Pipeworks - Ninja vs Unicorn
Pipeworks - Citrus Ninja IPA
La Cumbre - Elevated IPA
DC Brau - On the Wings of Armageddon
Hopworks - Secession Cascadian Dark Ale
Founders - Double Trouble or Devil Dancer
New Glarus - Black Top (or any NG IPA/IIPA)
Knee Deep - Simtra IIIPA
Fat Heads - Hop JuJu IIPA
Half acre - Daisy Cutter/Double Daisy Cutter
Steel Toe - any IPA/IIPA
Moylan's - Hopsickle IIPA
Lawson's Finest - (any IPA/IIPA)
Hill Farmstead - (any IPA/IIPA)

And here's the current list for anyone who wants to swoop in before he gets all Lawsoned up.

I'm tempted to fulfil it just so ed doesn't get all the Lawson's. Haha :D Noah I only can get simtra from that list anyways. Lol :mug:

ZamaMan said:
I'm tempted to fulfil it just so ed doesn't get all the Lawson's. Haha :D Noah I only can get simtra from that list anyways. Lol :mug:

Lol I'll be happy to get anything off my list :) I'm not picky! Although Lawson's would be pretty amazing! Lol

Guess I'll be third in line if no one can MAW for Ed.
Got a day or two before my week is up tho..

Igotsand

Added a few more that might be easier to obtain. Here's my last update to the list. Thanks again everyone! Cheers

Alpine Beer Co. - Exponential Hoppiness, Pure Hoppiness, and/or Nelson IPA.
Kern River - Citra (or any IPA/IIPA)
Surly - Overrated
Revolution - Anti-Hero IPA
Pipeworks - Ninja vs Unicorn
Pipeworks - Citrus Ninja IPA
La Cumbre - Elevated IPA
DC Brau - On the Wings of Armageddon
Hopworks - Secession Cascadian Dark Ale
Founders - Double Trouble or Devil Dancer
New Glarus - Black Top (or any NG IPA/IIPA)
Knee Deep - Simtra IIIPA
Fat Heads - Hop JuJu IIPA
Half acre - Daisy Cutter/Double Daisy Cutter
Steel Toe - any IPA/IIPA
Moylan's - Hopsickle IIPA
Lawson's Finest - (any IPA/IIPA)
Hill Farmstead - (any IPA/IIPA)
Sun King - Grapefruit Jungle IPA
TBK - White Rajah IPA, and/or Old 21 Imperial IPA

The List:

Kern Citra DIPA
Hill Farmstead (any of their IPA /DIPA)
3 Floyds: Permanent Funeral
Alpine: Any IPA or DIPA
Founders: Doom
Gandhi Bot
Double Daisy Cutter
Black Butte XXIV
Dark Lord
The Abyss
New Glarus (IPA / PA / DIPA)

InityBrew said:
The List:

Kern Citra DIPA
Gandhi Bot
Double Daisy Cutter
Black Butte XXIV
Dark Lord
The Abyss

I'm sure someone will get this one but on the off chance it doesn't get fulfilled this week I got it.

I moved into my new apartment in Longmont, Co. today! And guess what was waiting for me! Holy FU****SH** thanks Matt! What a hookup!

ForumRunner_20130420_211519.jpg

Javier25 said:
I moved into my new apartment in Longmont, Co. today! And guess what was waiting for me! Holy FU****SH** thanks Matt! What a hookup!

Dear Lord!!

chuckstout said:
I wanted hook a MAW, but looks like im out of my league:$

That's the beauty of MAW, you can give the minimum amount or really make a wish..
Shipping isn't much more for acouple of more beers tho.

I love sharing my homebrew with others who enjoy the craft too.
And you meet cool people at the same time from different states(future trades) :)

Beer karma I guess, cause I can't wait til I get my package from Coff! He hooked me up with some Conan yeast and awesome beers! Thanks Coff, I will post a pic when the box comes in with the goodies..u made my wish!
Igotsand

The List:

Kern Citra DIPA
Gandhi Bot
Double Daisy Cutter
Black Butte XXIV
Dark Lord
The Abyss
Bump

Javier25 said:

If that's one of Matt's Barrel Aged Brown Ales I see you're in for a real treat!

I wanted hook a MAW, but looks like im out of my league:$

I agree, I don't even know where you guys are finding most of these brews at. I've been watching the thread and keep checking my local places for them and 90% of them are in stock anywhere near me :(

I agree, I don't even know where you guys are finding most of these brews at. I've been watching the thread and keep checking my local places for them and 90% of them are in stock anywhere near me :(

Most of the beers on the lists aren't shelf beers. They are released in limited amounts. So they generally can't be found except near release dates.

Just got your shipment all packed up.. I was able to fit in quite a few extras :tank: 18.5lbs!

This is what MAW is all about!!

If his porch keeps getting bombed like that, he's going to have to start giving the UPS driver homebrew.

I'm confused about how this works. So if I see someone's list, and I can fulfill at least 2 items, then I send them their items and then I can post a wish list of my own?

I'm confused about how this works. So if I see someone's list, and I can fulfill at least 2 items, then I send them their items and then I can post a wish list of my own?

i was under the impression you needed to fulfill the whole list? maybe i'm wrong though, let me know.

jaydog2314 said:
i was under the impression you needed to fulfill the whole list? maybe i'm wrong though, let me know.

I believe the suggestion was 2 or more.
I doubt anyone could fulfill any of these lists in their entirety.

thanks makes more sense, that's why I posted earlier about how I didn't know how people were finding all these beers...Makes much more sense now. I'll have to keep a closer on the lists now too so maybe I can jump in and fulfill a wish! I think this is an awesome idea!

EDIT: I should have re-read the rules closer :)

KeyWestBrewing said:
Welcome to The Great Craft Beer Make A Wish(MAW) Thread!!! Open to any member of 90+ days and 100+ posts. CONUS only.

The Rules

1. A member will make a wish for several beers they would like to have.

2. Then, someone who is able to provide at least 2 beers on the list, will post up ‘that they can fulfill the wish’; and then post their own wish list of beers.

3. Once you see the post fulfilling your wish, send a pm to that person with your shipping address.

4. Ship your wish fulfillment package in a timely manner. There is no quicker way to generate ire from your HBT peers than to leave them waiting. If there is a delay in getting it out….COMMUNICATE. We all know things pop up, be courteous and give your wish recipient a heads up.

5. If someone accepts to fulfill the current MAW and doesnt follow through, the unfulfilled wish list will be back up for grabs. As well, anyone that doesnt follow through may be prohibited from future MAW participation.

6. Shipping must include tracking, when you get the package sent out.... A) send the tracking info via PM to the recipient and B) Post in the open thread that a PM has been to the recipient with the tracking info. Do not post tracking info in the open thread. Doing so will result in being banned from the MAW

7. Let the members know when you’ve received your package by posting up pictures of your MAW.

8. Please wait a week after fulfilling a wish before doing so again. This allows for others to participate in the thread.

9. This kind of thread ebbs and flows, sometimes it is extremely active, others it moves slow. Use this to judge if your wishes need to be expanded, especially if your list is high end beers or extremely rare and limited production.

10. Have fun!!!

Reminders and Suggestions:

-HBT is not responsible for any problems or mishaps should any arise

-Try to include 10 or more beers for your wish list. Having 10+ isnt mandatory but the more beers you list, the better the chance of someone having a few to grant.

-Trader Feedback should be used for these passes.

-You have to grant a wish before posting yours.

-This is not a contest of quantity or who can outdo who. At least 2 beers from the wish list and perhaps a few extras if you feel.

Note: The following member will be moderating this thread. If you have any suggestions or if there are any “bumps” along the way, please send a pm and they’ll do their best to handle the situation. Allow them to address these situations via PM, rather than discussing it in this thread.

KeyWestBrewing

Thank you all and let the Great Craft Beer MAW begin :ban:

Updated List:

Hill Farmstead (any of their IPA /DIPA / Porters)
3 Floyds Permanent Funeral
3 Floyds Behemoth
Alpine Nelson
Alpine Exponential Hopiness
Alpine Great
Gandhi Bot
Double Daisy Cutter
Black Butte XXIV
Dark Lord (we all dream..)
The Abyss
New Glarus (IPA / DIPA)
Chocolate Rain
Kern River - Any thing that is fresh (IPA / DIPA)
Founders CBS

I added a few more

InityBrew said:
Just got your shipment all packed up.. I was able to fit in quite a few extras :tank: 18.5lbs!

This is what MAW is all about!!

:) awesome! Thank you so much! Can't wait! Now somebody please hook Ben up with his MAW! Lol

Back