Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Man it would be nice to have more room in my bedroom closet for brew equipment....Maybe i should move some more of this clothing?.hmmm."

masskrug said:
The excruciating mental math; "I have X number of full bottles and X number of empty bottles. I will be brewing in two weeks. How many bottles do I need to drink before then, yet not run out of beer?"

THIS is my ongoing mental dialogue each time I have a bottle of brew!!

Uh huh huh,huh...he's cleanin his bunghole...huhhuhhuhhuhhuh,huh. Just read that in another thread. He was worried about a dirty bunghole in regard to a plug...:confused:

Shopping in a grocery store. Sees an item I wouldn't typically buy for cooking.

Thinks...hmmm, maybe I should put that in the next batch of beer.

Keeps moving.

high5apparatus said:
When brewing in the morning, when is it appropriate to switch from coffee to beer?

Good question. I usually wait until noon.

I see a 5 gallon bucket on the side of the road, I think...."maybe that is a 6 gallon bucket, I could make another fermenter out of that".

I really like this batch...are they being polite in their compliments, or do they really understand the subtleties of the style I just nailed?

"Don't worry about them, they don't have as sophisticated of a palet as I do..."

When brewing in the morning, when is it appropriate to switch from coffee to beer?

When the pot of coffee is empty.

My general brewing rule is I don't start drinking until I'm boiling wort, even if I'm really ambitious I can't get drunk enough to screw up the batch.

My general brewing rule is I don't start drinking until I'm boiling wort, even if I'm really ambitious I can't get drunk enough to screw up the batch.

THAT is a good rule of thumb. I'll stop putting bourbon in my coffee on early brew days from now on.

Me: "Brew Day on Saturday!"

Roommates: "O where having a party?"

Me: "No no no just a free brew lesson and tasting for anyone who's interested."

"How am I suppose to drink my homebrew, if I keep inviting other people to drink my homebrew??"

The mediocre porter I made a few months ago was shelved and almost forgotten.

It suddenly tastes great when there is nothing else to drink. ;)

Mom asks "When are you and Marci having kids?"
Me: "What are you talking about, we have 10 gallons fermenting now isnt that enough?"

Just had this one: "I can't drink Mon-Thurs because I am on call for work... Which blows... This however is likely a good thing because otherwise my bottles would never condition to their potential"

I gotta quit telling the guys at work when I brew. They all expect free 22oz'rs now.

That cuts into MY beer supply.

pb

My problem is I try to convince people to homebrew themselves and usually that involves inviting them to try my beer. Doesn't help when you have stupid commercials like Buffalo Wild Wing's trashing homebrew.

I gotta quit telling the guys at work when I brew. They all expect free 22oz'rs now.

That cuts into MY beer supply.

pb

I have the opposite happen. The people I work with will buy the ingriedents and have me make it. So in the end I expect the free 22s.

It's not something a brewer says, but something a brewer's neighbor says:

The neighbor's wife smells a strong, sweet yet fairly pungent aroma on the air and says, "Ken must be brewing again."

I follow the thread. "My weldless build using a strut"...yet whenever I read it, I think it says, "My weldless build using a slut".

I follow the thread. "My weldless build using a strut"...yet whenever I read it, I think it says, "My weldless build using a slut".

That's just goofy.....everyone knows you need at least 2 sluts, 3 is best, but at least 2.

When I see people throw bottles away in the trash, I'm assured that they're going to hell. Same goes for buckets, refrigerators, tubing, and growlers.

When I see people throw bottles away in the trash, I'm assured that they're going to hell. Same goes for buckets, refrigerators, tubing, and growlers.

Same here ill tell them to just bring them my way my local bar saves all his pry tops for me

Back