New Brewer from Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smullane

Reaction score
Glad I stumbled across this website. I actually found the app on my phone first while I was purchasing the iBrewmaster.

I have been reading a lot of threads the past 72 hours and there is A LOT of information. I look forward to learning more about home brewing and meeting other local brewers in Colorado.

Stephen

Awesome! From the Big "C" huh! When I lived in CO I would get mountain water and boil it. The water from El Dorado canyon is excellent for brewing (the city water killed a few batches because it has/had a lot of chlorine). Visit the AHA HQ in Boulder and say hi to Chuck Papazian!
Welcome to the wonderful world of homebrewing!

By the way, when you visit your local homebrew shop (LHBS) look for any of their small books on brewing, read it carefully then relax and brew some of the best beer you have ever tasted. Ask questions frequently and don't worry about sounding stupid, there's a beginners section with stickies for everything you need to know. Don't throw anything out at first, regardless of how badly you think you screwed up. As I mentioned to another beginner 98% of the mistakes are drinkable. Post lots of pics and make sure you have a good sense of humor, most of the old timers on HBT are ornery (but funny).

RipUSMC said:
Awesome! From the Big "C" huh! When I lived in CO I would get mountain water and boil it. The water from El Dorado canyon is excellent for brewing (the city water killed a few batches because it has/had a lot of chlorine). Visit the AHA HQ in Boulder and say hi to Chuck Papazian!
Welcome to the wonderful world of homebrewing!

I was thinking about that (grabbing mountain water). I figured it would be better than the chlorinated, fluoridated, whatever else, city water. Oh how I miss well water...

I lived in Broomfield and went to Boulder a lot. I never knew the AHA HQ was there. That's awesome. Will do.

Back