Wyeast 3724 slow start?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauvafr

Reaction score
Pitched at 65F. Came back 20 hours latter it was bubbling fast to moderatly but no kreusen. 16 hours after my airlock is not bubbling anymore.

Temperature is about 62.5F now. Now I have raised the ambiant temp a bit to get it back to 65F and see.

Well.. what do you think, normal?

Should I start raising the temp like you guys do with this yeast (2-3 degrees every days)?

3724 likes heat. Get the heat up. Don't be shy and start ramping it up now. I usually do a couple of degrees in the morning and then a couple more in the evening.

I use a big cooler full of water that I put an aquarium heater in it. I get it up to the high 80's pretty fast. It always finishes low for me using that technique.

Just bottled a batch a few hours ago. The FG was 1.004.

My first brew was a saison using 3724. Fermentation stuck at 1.030 and I had to crank the temp up to the hi 80's to get it going again. Took three weeks.

I used a big plastic tub with an aquarium heater. Beer came out great!

Good luck.

3724 likes heat. Get the heat up. Don't be shy and start ramping it up now. I usually do a couple of degrees in the morning and then a couple more in the evening.

I use a big cooler full of water that I put an aquarium heater in it. I get it up to the high 80's pretty fast. It always finishes low for me using that technique.

Just bottled a batch a few hours ago. The FG was 1.004.

1.004, great. How long did it take?

The beer is at 74F now. No activity. I will ramp until past 85.

Should I give it a swirl now?

First sample and I am now at 1.012.

Not bad for a total of 3 weeks + 3 days of fermentation. :) Been between 80F-83F for 12 consecutive days.

Latest posts

Back