A question in wholesale beer pricing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danno_lee

Reaction score
I know this doesn't fall under the home brewing category, per say, but is there anyone out there who could, at the very least, give me an idea of the average wholesale price of a case of craft beer? I am putting together a mock business business plan for a craft beer store for a business class and am having trouble finding this information.

Go to a liquor store in your area and ask them? That will provide you with accurate information for your area.

It seems like a store manager would help you out if you tell him/her why you are asking. I can't even tell you what retail beer would be.

The average retailer marks there beer up 15-20% from wholesale. So just take your typical case cost, for me that would be around $35 for 24 beers. Minus out 20% which is $7 and you get a cost of $28 for a 24 pk of craft beer approximately.

Back