Isnt this supposed to be relaxing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thood6

Reaction score
After another particularly stressful brewday. My 4th batch on my current setup consisted of two clogs in my Rims system including one in my plate chiller that I couldn't fix.

Isn't this supposed to relieve stress rather than create it?

After another particularly stressful brewday. My 4th batch on my current setup consisted of two clogs in my Rims system including one in my plate chiller that I couldn't fix.

Isn't this supposed to relieve stress rather than create it?

Why yes, yes it is. I guess that's easy for me to say, tho, i tend not to stress about much. Especially about brewing. Cuz it'll still be beer at the end. :D

It's a bummer when you have issues on brew day. At times there's something to be said for a simple system.

It's a bummer when you have issues on brew day. At times there's something to be said for a simple system.

true. on my simple system, i knew exactly what to expect. i got 78% efficiency, and i had every step down mentally as to do when. i just switched to a herms last batch. 41% efficiency, and now i have to figure out what i did wrong, fix it, and learn a new routine after years of brewing. thood, i feel your pain

I think there is possibly a well known acronym especially made for new brewers or and when things just dont make sense or things get hectic for any brewer experienced or not.Think a certain pioneeer patented the phrase,hmm what could I be thinking here?
If you havent noticed though many new things or new hobbies you try can be frustrating at first-until you figure them out-then they become very rewarding. Like um for the karate kid for instance,got to keep on waxing on/off you see.... Maybe going off track a bit here,or not. Just a thought. Be patient my son...?

Back