Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
really tempted to add another sack, but at the rate that I brew(haven't brewed in 2 months) I have enough grain to last me til August.

Just got Internet at the new house and I see this. Probably a good thing since Ariel wouldn't be happy with even more grain taking up space in the pantry and I don't know when the next time I'll be in Chicago. I have yet to brew here since I'm trying to build an electric kettle first, but I met the LHBS owner who said he paid $50 for a sack of 2-row from a certain distributor based in Ohio. Be grateful for the opportunities we had.

Just so those up North know I live in Antioch right on the IL\WI border and will be picking up for a few others. I have a pickup truck so I can pick for any that need and can bring them to Antioch.

UPDATED

OK. The buy is closed and currently we are at 468 sacks of grain and splits have been cleaned up. There are 117 participants. Total grain weight is 24,990 pounds and this does not include the non grain items like hops, chemicals, spices, etc.

Once the splits have been cleaned up (if necessary) I will update the prices on items that need updating then freight charges will be added to the database soon. In the meantime, look over your portion of the spreadsheet for any errors.

Do not send payment until instructed to do so. Thanks.

When checking the spreadsheet, I noticed there were 12 lbs of Hellertaur hops ordered, one entry was in bold. What does that mean? Is one entry a late split that will get dropped?

When checking the spreadsheet, I noticed there were 12 lbs of Hellertaur hops ordered, one entry was in bold. What does that mean? Is one entry a late split that will get dropped?

which worksheet and cell reference?

bmason1623 said:
which worksheet and cell reference?

I'm not sure exactly, last time you referenced a cell it didn't match with what I saw, so I don't know how to reconcile that.
What I did was sort by HU-90HBR, and counted the lbs. From there you should be able to see the user id's and find the real cell refs.

catalog link in the spreadsheet has been updated.

Ruh-roh... Looks like Chinook, Zythos, and Magnum are off the board! My order just got smaller.

Edit: Looks like the above along with the Fuggle, Hallertau, Saaz, Northern Brewer, and Tettnang are all marked as Sold out for 2013...

Don't want to be alarmist, but that is a huge portion of the hops in this buy.

Damn, I had some plans for the zythos. disappointment is an understatement

Ruh-roh... Looks like Chinook, Zythos, and Magnum are off the board! My order just got smaller.

Edit: Looks like the above along with the Fuggle, Hallertau, Saaz, Northern Brewer, and Tettnang are all marked as Sold out for 2013...

Don't want to be alarmist, but that is a huge portion of the hops in this buy.

That's disappointing and also seems to be the trend with spot buys earlier and earlier in the season. Not sure if its increased demand, speculation, or production issues causing the problem but it makes contracts look even better.

Just so those up North know I live in Antioch right on the IL\WI border and will be picking up for a few others. I have a pickup truck so I can pick for any that need and can bring them to Antioch.

I am picking up in Antioch and bringing to Kenosha ... if that will help anyone let me know.

Any chance we can put that order together for pickup on the same day

The other hops are warehoused out of state, so add another 5-7 days shipping vs. grain that's in state and dropped from a truck direct. Possible but challenging, essentially that would have to be resolved (quoted, paid, & ordered) pretty fast.

So with us paying this week. Are we looking at the following week end for pick up?

if this buy is like the last one and everyone pays within a week or so then possibly, at the earliest, the weekend of May 11th. Typically, payment takes about two weeks or so in the past. Also, since this order is huge it will take a little more time for me to go over which items need price updates which I plan on starting this afternoon. Our source will also need some time to process this. Just follow this thread.

There is another link for just hops that shows what is available to us. as usual, look in the General Info tab within the spreadsheet.

Should have put in my order last night with Farmhouse, they had zythos for 12.99/lb but this morning they were sold out.

Bill, No problem just trying to get a feel for how fast this going to move. So I know how to plan my weekends.
Thanks

yet another hops only update. some hops are back in. check the spreadsheet to see what's back in.

That update (the top link) looks a lot better. Prices may have inched up a touch, but not much (or it may be my imagination).

Hopefully these hold while the order finalizes... And the other stuff remains available as well...

For those of us that hops arent available for can we pick something else or do we just worry about hops another time. A lot of the ones I picked arent available but I see saaz and warrior and a couple others.

For those of us that hops arent available for can we pick something else or do we just worry about hops another time. A lot of the ones I picked arent available but I see saaz and warrior and a couple others.

we are not substituting since everybody would need to be in agreement on the split. Besides, that is just too much work at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back