Turned 21 today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingbound

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I turned 21 today, my first batch should be about done carbonating but I have a question. I live in southern Illinois where there are no brew pubs or a whole lot of craft beer and I was wondering if there was a way to say get beer shipped to my house? If this can be done where can I go to buy beer? I'd like to brew new styles but I would like to try then first. Thanks

Most states allow you to have beer shipped to you if uou are of age. Try bevmo or halftime beverages. They have a wide selection. The liquor stores around you also might have a decent selection as well as some groceries like Whole Foods.

thood6 said:
Most states allow you to have beer shipped to you if uou are of age. Try bevmo or halftime beverages. They have a wide selection. The liquor stores around you also might have a decent selection as well as some groceries like Whole Foods.

Awesome websites thanks for the info

Happy birthday! Do a shot for me.

Hate to tell you this, but it's all down hill from here. But to answer your question - yea, lots of places will ship if you'll pay. A friend of mine was constantly showing up with beers you can't get here in CO. Stuff like Surly, Heady Topper, Cigar City, etc. I finally got around to asking him how he got it. He'll call liquor stores local to those breweries and have them ship it out.

:ban:CONGRATS!:ban: Welcome to the big 21! If you find the time/funding, take a trip to Wisconsin or Michigan and tour some breweries! We have LOADS here in Michigan and New Glaurus in Wisconsin is amazing. Some say Ohio has some wonderful spots, but, being an MSU student, I just can't bring myself to recommend them on principle :p

Enjoy exploring the wonderful world of beer! We're glad you're here.

Cheers! :mug:

Aah,21. That was the most anticipated birthday of my life. The night life finally got flung wide open. That was 36 years ago. You'll find yourself wondering "where'd the time go?"...but time enough for that. Enjoy those craft beers,& those home brews asap!:tank:

I briefly lived in Mt. Vernon. There is a liquor store (Plaza Liquor Mart) there that carries a limited supply of craft brews. It's nothing amazing but I was just shocked to find a place in town that carried any craft beer. It served me well when my beer supply was dwindling and I was unable to make a trip elsewhere to reload.

Back