I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must be an old picture because I wouldn't necessarily describe any technology on his desk as up to date. Sounds like a really interesting class though.

LOL.

Here are better pics of the NUCIA staff. I used to work with Bill...ahem...Dr. Mahoney a number (large number) of years ago.

Also, check out the Scholarship for Service. Unfortunately, sequestration has tarnished that opportunity.

Goodnight all, movies over and I'm heading to bed. Remember, even god has a sense of humor. Just look at the platypus.

When I look at a platypus I see the rockstar of evolution.

platypus1_f.jpeg

Here I am with opposable thumbs and the capacity to have abstract thought and all I can think about is where the hell is my venom and egg laying ability.

I said I'd show you a photo of my new keezer. Here it is. This is the official photo that I'm going to post in the "keezer thread"...

Very nice! But then, that is your forte so I expected nothing less :)

I can only drink bourbon or scotch straight up, and that has to be slow and easy. Not that I can't slam shots, it's just that I don't do "filthy stinkin' drunk" very well anymore these days. Slamming shots will take me there fast! I do like mixed drinks, but I haven't had anything with tequila in it in a long time. I used to like Sunrise's when I was younger.

I've always been the happy drunk, but anymore if I have a shot or two I'll usually fall asleep within a half hour! :drunk:

Funny how things change. I was a vodka drinker for years. I was a happy drunk but then over time got to where I was argumentative all the time. I switched to low alcohol beer and got much better.

Looks good Bobbi! Was it passedpawn that said it would never move again? ;) he was just using negative reinforcement. He knew it was destined for greatness.

I have an old capper of a slightly different design that I don't know what to do with and there is a bottle opener built into the handle. It also adjusts for different size bottles which it looks like yours does as well.

I took my bike into the shop today. It's a 2003 HD Fatboy I bought a few years ago. Great deal on it, didn't have much over a thousand miles on it then and only 22,000 miles on it now; shame on me for not riding it more.

Haven't ridden this past year. Seems that the cam chain tensioners on the HD Softails from around 99-2005 were faulty. They wear prematurely and can put a real hurting on that very expensive HD motor if they fail. So I've been saving money to have it repaired. Borrowed my neighbors trailer today and took the old girl up to the shop. Hopefully back on the road again in a few days.

On a side note, I'm teaching my 19 year old daughter to ride. She took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course last week and passed. I was pretty proud of her. In her class two guys already had their license and own bike but failed the riding portion of the test and had to re-test. Okay, little bit more fatherly pride peaked at that point. The girl is a natural.

I'd given her about 5 hours of training on a HD 883 Hugger before the class. She did really well but has a very long ways to go before I ever let her out of my sight on a bike.

Those of you who ride know it is a bit different than a car and before you can be safe have to have mucho control of the bike, proper technique, a very defensive riding mindset and controlling the bike has to be second nature.

So my daughter is not ready for the road in my opinion, especially here in CA. There are quite a number of new riders not ready for the road but that is out of my control. Practicing correct technique is the first place to start. Then as long as she grasps the fact that everybody on the road is pretty much just wanting to run her over or pull out in front of her and she still wants to ride. She will be just fine.

It's great that you're teaching your daughter to ride Dan.

I've actually never ridden a bike on the road, but when I was young I rode amateur motocross. I haven't done that for 20 years, but I remember the feeling of being 20 feet in the air very well. It's a great feeling.

Mike, if I ever rode 20 foot in that air that would be a great memory too. I ride street bikes now. Certainly remember bruised kidneys when I was you and riding dirt bikes. Now I"m old. The bikes have changed. You know as I do, when we were young we were invincible. Now that we are older we realize our vulnerability.

Excuse me if I end up swearing a bit.

I personally love riding any motorcycle. I have no idea why other than it is man versus machine.. That's the easy part. Man versus traffic is harder.

I'm on a motorcycle cheer. That's it.

When I was young there were some songs I liked. Beach Boys's played some of them. When I was 13/14 the Beach Boys "Endless Summer" got me though harsh IL winters. I"m a lot older now but still love their music.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was born in 1964. Doesnt even matter the music we listened to then... but it does

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what made me think of this, I guess the "Feel Me" song and mention of bikes. When I was younger I had this friend who raced motorcycles, man, that bike was fast. I remember that on the back of his helmet it said, "If you think you feel good, you should feel me."

I think it was back in 1976 when the Teton damn broke and flooded everything here. I took my pickup up into Rexburg and started to collect the aluminum siding that had been washed of trailers in the flood. Doing that I got enough money to buy my first motorbike a Hodaka 110.

Man I lived on that bike. Rebuilt it a couple of times and rode it dang hard I did. I kind of wish I still had that old bike now

Latest posts

Back