Keezer Build. Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theZgod

Reaction score
Ok so I'm about to start on my kezzer build. It's going under a pre existing bar, that already has a draft tower. I was wondering how I should connect the beer line with the keezer (top of bar about a foot above the keezer)? I also need it to roll out.

You may as well add, "and I'd like it to print dollar bills. Preferably a dollar per minute. But no slower than that."

Well, let's see here...

You're going to have a considerable amount of beer line sitting outside of the keezer. Which means that you'll probably need to get that beer line insulated well, and maybe run a glycol line through it to help keep temps stable. It's not going to be easy.

Awe man glycol sounds $$$ what about one of those blower motors?? I remember reading about those a while back. I wonder if that would help with my situation?

There are numerous examples in the DIY forum where people have integrated an existing counter/bar top with a keezer. Use the search function to see what's out there.

You need to insulate your lines with a glycol system or run your lines through a large duct/pipe with a fan to circulate air from the keezer to the taps.

Awe man glycol sounds $$$ what about one of those blower motors?? I remember reading about those a while back. I wonder if that would help with my situation?

Not really. Blowers in this application only help with moving cold air around in enclosed spaces. You've got an enclosed space (the keezer) and then you have a second potentially enclosed space (the tower) but you have no enclosed space in between. It's that lack of an enclosed space in between where you're going to get warmed up beer and thus foaming issues.

One hair-brained idea: take a flexible laundry vent, and insulate the outside of that pretty good, and use that laundry vent to connect the air spaces between the keezer and the tower.

But of course you're going to need TWO airways like that instead of just one - you'll need one airway to run the cold air up to the tower and you'll need a second airway to return the warm air back to the keezer.

So maybe like a couple of large diameter rubber hoses, or radiator hoses. That setup will likely be pretty unwieldy.

Even the glycol setup won't be easy. You'll have to have a line for the cooled glycol going up with the beer lines and then you'll have to have a second glycol line (containing warmed glycol) coming back down, separated from the beer lines.

You haven't been the first guy to delve into the world of DIY glycol lines. I've read about a few setups on here. I don't think they need to be super expensive.

You could build a base for the freezer to raise it up within a few inches of the bar top? If you need it to roll out you will have to attach wheels/casters to the base anyways. That would get you close. Then if you don't want to mess with a fan or glycol you could run the beer lines through soft copper tubing. if the copper runs a foot or so deep into the fridge and all the way up to the shanks it will help keep the lines cool.

That page is awesome! That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for for my upcoming build :)

It should be noted that the setup described in the website you posted is for a kegerator that doesn't move, and the website talks about using CPVC pipe, which is pretty darn rigid. Your keezer needs to move, so you won't be able to use rigid pipe like the website shows. Or at least some of the rigid pipe will need to be replaced with something that flexes at certain joints.

Back