Additional Breaker in Spa Panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningweird

Reaction score
I already asked this at the end of another thread, but since I would like maximum visibility i wanted to make a thread

I have a 50 amp spa panel running off a 60 amp breaker in my main, it is wired and works fine for my electric system, there are extra slots for additional breakers within the spa panel- either two single lim breakers or one large breaker.

I recently get some new powertools - a big drill press, jointer, table saw -
and wanted to run some new outlets in the garage for them.
I am postingI am posting
Can I run a single pole breaker in the panel for a set of 110v outlets? I bought two 30 amp slim breakers thinking I could run two new lines out of the spa panel.

if I can wire another breaker in the panel how should it be wired?

problem solved, an issue with a wiring connection in the outlets, hooray for not killing myself or my family.

for anyone looking in the future: it is possible and very easy to put a single pole breaker into these spa panels - i have room for one more for a future outlet or something of the like. be careful and only work with power to your breaker turned OFF!

Back