Something my wife will drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryno1981

Reaction score
I need to find something to brew that my wife will like. I like to stick to IPA's, Stouts and Porters, she won't touch those with a ten foot pole. Her favorite beer is Leinenkugels Honey Weiss. Any suggestions? Thanks

This is the recipe I make for my wife, we both love it.

Ingredients:

6 lbs. Wheat Liquid Extract, 60min
2 lb. Clover Honey, 10min (turn off flame, stir in, restart boil)
1 oz. Hallertau hop pellets, 60min
1 oz. Hallertau hop pellet,s 40min
1 oz. Amarillo (or Cascade) hop pellets, flame out 5-7min
1 packet Safale US-05 yeast

OG: 1.060 FG: 1.012
Primary Ferment: 14 days
Secondary Ferment: Didn\'t use one.

This is very smooth and easy to drink. If you want a more spicy version replace all the hops with Saaz.

the one I brew that she says is HERS now (and I can't touch them) is the brewers best Belgian Pale Ale.....I swapped out the included aroma hops (centennial) for citra....out of ignorance...didn't know they were both citrusy, but it is an awesome brew. it might be something you both like....even my daughter, who can't stand the taste of beer said "gawd, that's delicious!"

I & my son really enjoyed midwests' PM Cascade Pale ale kit. $25 with premium dry yeast,which was US-05 if I remember right. The Brewers Best Summer Ale kit was pretty good too,it's said to be a Shock Top clone. It was my wife's first brew she did on national home brewers' day as well.

I haven't tried a wheat beer on the mrs yet, but most stouts, usually the sweeter ones, she likes. She is usually a beer hater.

Read somewhere that most women don't like the bitterness that comes with hops, so less hop bitterness more malt, is what I have found works for my wife.

Latest posts

Back