Just thinking out loud

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humpadilo

Reaction score
The other day when I was bored and daydreaming, a question popped in my head: A friend from several years back liked to mix Newcastle and Ace's Pear Cider together. It wasn't to bad. My question is, could I brew and ferment a clone of both beers and combine them in a bottle/keg? To go further, what would happen if I tried to combine ingrediants?

I don't have much experience,I have no plan to do either one, but I would like to know if you can combine two different beers and at what stage of the brewing you could do so.

The other day when I was bored and daydreaming, a question popped in my head: A friend from several years back liked to mix Newcastle and Ace's Pear Cider together. It wasn't to bad. My question is, could I brew and ferment a clone of both beers and combine them in a bottle/keg? To go further, what would happen if I tried to combine ingrediants?

I don't have much experience,I have no plan to do either one, but I would like to know if you can combine two different beers and at what stage of the brewing you could do so.

I think you would have better results kegging both separate, and t'ing them to one tap. But I could be completely off.

My thinking is that when blended over a long period of time the flavors that you like of each will transform greatly and not have he same flavor in the end as it would if you mixed it fresh every time

You would have to install a check valve in line to keep them from back washing into each other. But otherwise, should be do able.

Ive mixed brews before. I actual keep a few bottles of hoppy IPA that are not carbed just for this purpose. If I get a brew that just doesn't have enough hop flavor , I break out my uncarbed IPA and add some to the glass to make it better to my liking. Ive used it on some stouts that I didn't care for. My wife love's Guinness, I do think its a good brew but I will add some of my IPA to it also, not much but I like it better that way. Guinness is like a lawnmower stout to me. Its good , but not what I expect a true stout to taste like. I know adding a IPA isnt going to make it more of a stout , but I like it.

Latest posts

Back