Lines & Temperature problems with Nostalgia Electrics KRS-2150 Kegorator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjl3434

Reaction score
I've got a "Nostalgia Electrics KRS-2150 Kegorator". It has two issues I would like to fix, it doesn't get cold enough, and the CO2 lines are too short. Returning it is not an option. With the temperature setting turned all the way down it only gets down to 45 F. The beer line is only about 5' and creates foaming issues if I put the CO2 pressure up to the level I want it at.

Does anyone know how to fix these issues, or if it's even possible?

Check to see if you can get to the adjustment screw on the thermostat, I think there's a sticky in this or the DIY forum.

For the lines... replace them with longer ones.

So I managed to replace my lines for this kegerator. It was much more difficult than I expected, so here's a few tips for anyone looking to do something similar:

1. Those funny looking tools i.e. keg wrench which come with it are absolutely necessary for taking it apart and putting it back together.
2. The top of the keg tower is simply a *very* tight fitting seal. The best way to get it off is to take the whole tower off of the kegerator and insert a large 18" metal rod (haha) and hammer it from the inside until the top pops off. If you can hold the tower it in a vice while you're hammering, even better.
3. Don't be a n00b like me and use vinyl tubing, use 3/16 inner diamater beverage line. The vinyl tubing is not the same as beverage line and will make things much worse.

mjl3434 said:
So I managed to replace my lines for this kegerator. It was much more difficult than I expected

As soon as I saw this sentence, I knew you were talking about a tower. I used to have three taps in a 3" diameter tower, and I feel your pain.

If you want to increase the number of taps, going to a "T" tower will make it much easier. (Of course, then you need to start worrying about how you cool the tower ;-) )

Latest posts

Back