PID Thermocouple question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w9nl

Reaction score
Just hooked up a Auber 2362 PID and a Liquid tight K type, TC-K100M1/2NPT temp probe. I put the PID in a box and used a XLR connector on the temp probe so I could connect/disconnect as needed. I'm making the move to 10g batches and wanted to do a trial run of sorts tonight to see how things worked. I have the temp probe hooked up to the valve output of a keg I'm using as my MLT. I brought up abt 9g of water to 170 in my brew kettle and transferred to the mlt using a pump and then used the pump to recirculate the water thru the mlt. The PID is reading 177 which doesn't seem right so I grab my CDN digital thermometer and it is reading 160 which seems to make sense. I'm confused and shut everything down and go back and look at the manual. Figured I would recheck the settings to make sure the thermocouple is still set right in the PID. All OK there. Turn them pump back on and recheck the temp using the same 2 probes and everything now is spot on. So now I'm really confused. Any ideas?.

S

I

Thanks for the link to those connectors. I probably should have gone the RTD route to begin with. After scratching my head a little harder I finally read the note in the manual about not using copper wiring. Removed that and the XLR connector and went direct to the PID and all was good.

Back