Secondary regulator help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyb85

Reaction score
I bought 4 used secondary regs. I fitted them with connecting stems and new valves. All four are putting co2 out to the kegs however only two are showing the pressure on the gauges and I don't think it's correct because its foaming way more than my previous splitter with no regulators. Any advice in what I need? Should I just replace the gauges?

Here is a pic if it helps

image-1823386691.jpg

Looking at the way that gang was put together, it's going to be a pita to troubleshoot a bad gauge by swapping them, but there you may well be...

Cheers!

JDGator said:
Needles screwed in or out on them? Do the gauges read zero when the screw is screwed all the way out?

Do you mean the bolts? The two that work do adjust when I screw the bolt in or out.

day_trippr said:
Looking at the way that gang was put together, it's going to be a pita to troubleshoot a bad gauge by swapping them, but there you may well be...

Cheers!

I did a quick mounting job just to test them. I've since removed them and went back to my 4-way dist block. Should I test them one by one?

Pratzie said:
Id test them one by one. is there any chance the pressure reading is high enough that its all the way around and coming back to zero?

I dont think that there is a way for it to pass over the stopping pin but no I don't think it's set ridiculously high since the input psi to the set was set at 20 on my primary reg.

Ill test them out individually and see what I come up with. Worst case scenario I rebuild them and replace the gauges.

Just an fyi, but secondary regulators have a minimum differential pressure (output vs input). For Taprite that's 5 psi, I don't know about other secondary regulators.

I would take the gang apart to isolate the two regs that may not be working properly, verify the other two are working properly, then borrow the gauge from one of the good regs to test the others...

Cheers!

day_trippr said:
Just an fyi, but secondary regulators have a minimum differential pressure (output vs input). For Taprite that's 5 psi, I don't know about other secondary regulators.

I would take the gang apart to isolate the two regs that may not be working properly, verify the other two are working properly, then borrow the gauge from one of the good regs to test the others...

Cheers!

Good advice thanks! These are Cornelius ill see if I can some info on them

Back