Wtf usps???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantH

Reaction score
I ordered from BargainFittings.com May 2nd (I believe it was), so anyways I get home from work today and have a mail slip in my mail box (apartment complex) and an email for a confirmation signed by complex manager. All is normal as I am expecting the package and things are looking normal.

Then SHTF!

I go inside only to be told, and shown mind you, that my package is nowhere to be found. They tell me that the mailman brings in a load at a single time typically and they just sign off in bulk. First, that is ridiculous. Second, how damned lazy can you be? So I accept that it wasn't in the bulk that it SHOULD have been in and go to my apartment to try and figure it out for myself as the complex workers could care less about my $200 worth of stainless beer gear.

Welcome to my apartment.

I take a seat on my ever so comfy red fabric couch, open up the laptop and sink into the couch to do a little investigating. Being the cheap ass I am, my internet is incredibly slow so I pull out the cell phone and kick on gmail through 3g service.

BOOM!

USPS Confirmation, delivered today into my gmail. So as I am walking to the car again to go back to the office to find my package I read that it was deliever to the complex manager/worker lady and she had signed for it on March 8th. Thinking nothing of it, I continue my adventure and ask where my package may be since they have signed for it and I got 2 forms of confirmation that it was delivered today. They look again and say "He must not have brought it in, I'm sorry, its not our fault." In this stupid cute little voice trying to make me pity their situation.

So I re-look at the confirmation..MARCH 8th. WTF?!?! It clicks. WHY am I getting a confirmation of a package being delived MARCH 8th on MAY 7th? I scroll through my email and see no order confirmations in my email through February 28th -March 8th. Now, I ordered through Amazon on February 20th. I ordered some film which was Amazon PRIME shipped, which I believe is UPS/FedEx. So, it's not USPS.

All I can do is call in the morning the 3 places my packages have come in contact with. The shipper, the Post Office, and my complex. How in the WORLD do I get a slip, a (wrongly dated) confirmation, and the fact I'm expecting the package....and NOT get a package?

Right there with ya, man.

Ordered a new reciever and blu-ray player for my home theater system Sunday night. Monday morning, I realized I needed to change the shipping address (anything over about $100, I don't have delivered to my home since I work 30 miles away, and UPS physically stops in my office 3x a day) So since the package hadn't shipped yet, changed the delivery address first thing Monday morning (like, before 8:30). Same as you, shipped Amazon Prime 2-day ground. (Side note: If you're ever paying for something on Amazon with a discount of any form, be it gift points, Discover Cash Back Bonus, etc., do NOT change anything about the order once you submit it. The system will delete the discounts and charge you full price. Lesson learned the hard way). I check back on the status a half dozen times during the day, and finally around 10:00 last night it goes to "Shipping soon/shipping now". And stays that way until 3:00 today, where it finally shows an update. It hasn't even made it to the UPS facility yet, but is JUST in the UPS system now. They've effectively burned the first day of the 2-day shipping just getting it TO the carrier. Amazon is still showing delivery tomorrow, which would be the 2nd day... but UPS is showing Thursday. The shipping origin MIGHT be within the 1-day delivery area for us, so it *might* make it still, but if it doesn't, while it's not the end of the world, I think Amazon will be getting a lengthy letter from me expressing displeasure with the shipping delay on their end, as well as the billing confusion Monday.

I didn't have this shipped through Prime, that was the package this confirmation was about. The package was shipped USPS (The stainless from BargainFittings.). That said, thanks for the heads up on order changes.

I just don't understand why today, I get an email confirming an order literally TWO months ago and also a package slip in my box saying I have a new delivery. This....makes zero sense.

Amazon has always been amazing for me. I ordered a 2000 dollar camera lens and it came scratched. They shipped a new one out with no return of mine until I had the new one and they paid all shipping to and from. Even overnighted the new one.

So this all gets weirder and weirder haha. BF.com emailed me back and because of me moving and such my addresses didn't match so they haven't even shipped yet. Which is fine, I'm glad to know that stuff isn't floating around somewhere to get lost.

USPS shipping notifications are not actually shipping notifications and should never be relied on.

I've gotten some emails before my package arrived, I've had some show up two weeks later, and some not at all.

USPS shipping notifications are not actually shipping notifications and should never be relied on.

I've gotten some emails before my package arrived, I've had some show up two weeks later, and some not at all.

I had a delivery slip in my mail box.

Even worse when you get a temp controller shipped from China and they lose it between it arriving at the facility 1 mi away from my house and getting it loaded on the truck. never made it past the entrance gate apparently. When I went up to inquire they tell me that the sender (in China) needs to call up and raise a stink about it and I am not allowed to.

This kind of stuff reqlly makes me wonder why the USPS is having such financial troubles nowadays.

I still have no idea why I had a slip in my box saying I had a package. I'm expecting one today. It's all my stainless tri-clover stuff. I'll update if they redeem themselves.

I have had too many packages disappear via USPS to believe that they are being just "lost". I now always request that sellers use Fed Ex or UPS.

BTW, in each instance the seller made good on replacing the goods....

The flat rate shipping through austin and such are all USPS, so unless you want to pay more...I imagine you have to keep it USPS

Back