Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The entire AFC East shamed themselves on primetime last night except for the Pats who fleeced Minnesota and avoided the pressure of making a pick.

Weird how things work. Pats signed a formerly-undrafted wideout from Texas Tech (Amendola) to replace the undrafted wideout from Texas Tech (Welker), and now have drafted a tall outside receiver from West Virginia by way of Marshall (Aaron Dobson). Let's see how they work out...

Just read the details behind the Vikings trading up to the Patriots. Spielman must be the ghost of Al Davis.

This is ok by me but really think Adrian Peterson should GTFO and head east about 250 miles where he has a chance for a trophy. Packers probably have cap room. wait, what?

Lol. Seriously? Sanchez, Tebow, Geno Smith? You now have a trifecta of future insurance salesmen.

The Jets got the consensus #1 QB in the draft (sorry Buffalo but you're got ugly baby syndrome) in the 2nd round. Geno Smith is not Andrew Luck or RG III but he's a better prospect now than Russell Wilson or Kaepernick were. It at the very least gives me something as a fan to hope for rather than focusing my hate on the franchise.

Sanchez is going to get the chance to start this year, unless he's out competed in training camp, but once he starts stinking it up around game 5 or 6, Smith will get the shot. They can't cut Sanchez without severe cap penalties until next season, and because of the way Tebow's contract is structured, the Jets would have to pay the Broncos $1.5 million if they cut Tebow. Frankly, it's small change for the non-profit status league. Tebow needs to go play in Canada.

Evidently you never SAW Kaepernick play prior to last year as he was what people »claimed« Pryor was with the only difference is he played at a soft competition school. I had to explain this to my wife when they drafted him as well and I neither care about the 49ers nor do I understand where this fallacy comes from.

That said, I don't doubt Geno has the potential to be successful in the right situation given time but I find it unlikely it'll be this season. But either way for the love of god get him some talent around him already.

Accidic said:
Evidently you never SAW Kaepernick play prior to last year as he was what people »claimed« Pryor was with the only difference is he played at a soft competition school. I had to explain this to my wife when they drafted him as well and I neither care about the 49ers nor do I understand where this fallacy comes from.

That said, I don't doubt Geno has the potential to be successful in the right situation given time but I find it unlikely it'll be this season. But either way for the love of god get him some talent around him already.

Geno Smith is not even in the same atmosphere as Kaepernick when it comes to athletic ability. Same goes when comparing him to Wilson's smarts and leadership. He's gonna flop!

End of the 2nd? What a steal!

ForumRunner_20130427_195911.jpg

Geno Smith is not even in the same atmosphere as Kaepernick when it comes to athletic ability. Same goes when comparing him to Wilson's smarts and leadership. He's gonna flop!

Smith will potentially flop simply because it will be the Jets we're dealing with.

Also lol at geno not in the same Atmosphere as Kaepernick when it comes to athletic ability. I don't think there's anything more overrated than Kaerpernick's athletic ability.

Obviously Kaepernick has a height advantage but here are the 2 players combine numbers

Kaepernick

4.53 40
32.5 Vertical
9'7" Broad

Smith

4.56 40
33.5 Vert
10'4" Broad

It's amazing some people see Kaepernick's muscles and think he's the second coming of Achilles.

Kaepernick is an excellent athlete but I'm tired of people acting like he's Mike Vick some kind of once in a generation super freak.

hoppyhoppyhippo said:
Smith will potentially flop simply because it will be the Jets we're dealing with.

Also lol at geno not in the same Atmosphere as Kaepernick when it comes to athletic ability. I don't think there's anything more overrated than Kaerpernick's athletic ability.

Obviously Kaepernick has a height advantage but here are the 2 players combine numbers

Kaepernick

4.53 40
32.5 Vertical
9'7" Broad

Smith

4.56 40
33.5 Vert
10'4" Broad

It's amazing some people see Kaepernick's muscles and think he's the second coming of Achilles.

Kaepernick is an excellent athlete but I'm tired of people acting like he's Mike Vick some kind of once in a generation super freak.

Maybe you should watch him play more. He's clearly better than those numbers when he has the ball in his hands. Eye test, use it

Maybe you should watch him play more. He's clearly better than those numbers when he has the ball in his hands. Eye test, use it

You do realize that football games are shot from a variety of angles right? And that a guy can look faster or slower depending on an angle right? Best example I can think of you know when people get pissy about balls and strikes in baseball then the FoxTrax or whatever pops up and shows the pitch as being good, you know why that's true right? Cause the camera perspective is almost always over the pitchers right should, it can also add the perception of nastiness or lack of nastiness to a pitch as well.

But I think it's interesting that the ball gives Kaepernick magic abilities to run faster and jump higher and further. Wonder why other NFL players haven't been able to unlock those powers.

Kaepernick

4.53 40
32.5 Vertical
9'7" Broad

Smith

4.56 40
33.5 Vert
10'4" Broad

Kaep has has a swinging knee knocker and Harbaugh to coach him.

Wow. That's spew was funny

So facts are humorous?

Think of it this way, how do you really tell if someone is faster, by having a race correct? How can you tell how high someone can jump but by measuring it right?

There's this thing called the combine, that determines how athletic someone is, you and pretend that your "expert" eyes are better than professionals who calculate how fast someone runs adn how high and far they jump. Not using one's "eyes"

Not to mention you've never seen Geno and Kaepernick running side by side so who can really tell who's faster just by "eye" test?

You seriously have never heard of someone who's 'faster with the ball' as a player attribute? That was APs best attribute coming into the league. It's about level of intensity when it counts.

You're taking measurements and statistics from one afternoon of drills ( not eve a damn game) and using that to compare two players. That's dumb and so is your face.

You seriously have never heard of someone who's 'faster with the ball' as a player attribute? That was APs best attribute coming into the league. It's about level of intensity when it counts.

You're taking measurements and statistics from one afternoon of drills ( not eve a damn game) and using that to compare two players. That's dumb and so is your face.

The same Adrian Peterson who ran a 4.40 40? Lulz

I find it interesting. I read what someone who's paid to analyze players Kaepernick's strengths

"Strengths
Kaepernick is an excellent blend of height, build and speed for a quarterback. Possesses toughness and leadership qualities. Flashes good accuracy on intermediate routes. Shows enough arm strength to make most NFL throws. Won't have many passes batted down. Can escape the pocket and pickup first downs with his legs. "

There's no mention of being faster than his 40 time in the report. Guess you know more than someone who's job it is to analyze players.

Actually from my PoV...

Kaep's decision making skills were good in college. The end result was winning a ton on games as he grew into the role. He also did this with players that frankly weren't that good..He clearly has the intangibles the NFL regards highly. I don't know that he'll continue to be successful but we'll see.

Smith has many similar attributes with some small differences. He did play many of his games (at least in the beginning) against lower talent teams but tbf he also did decently against the one or two quality/tough teams they scheduled. My problem with him however is his apparent disposition to choke when it counts. Plus he continued to play worse and worse as that situation grew. It doesn't matter who you are, in the NFL as a QB you're going to lose games. Occasionally quite a few. The successful bounce back from that. I'm not convinced this kid can do that. If he rode the bench a few years he might be find (Even Kaep got a year to breathe not to mention the fact that he was on a well balanced team...). Smith will be thrust out there early with one of the least prolific offenses in the League. I wish him luck but there are virtually no odds that would coax me into putting money on him being successful. I think the most unfortunate thing is he had all the quality teams pass him by where he could have grown and maybe proved successful down the line.

^^^ Can you not read three ****ing paragraphs without losing your ****? Are you a seven year old child, or a literal moron? How do you get through a day - just, waking up, checking email, going to work, reading a stop sign or two in the car - how do you get through a day with this level of illiteracy? I just... I don't understand.

Actually from my PoV...

Kaep's decision making skills were good in college. The end result was winning a ton on games as he grew into the role. He also did this with players that frankly weren't that good..He clearly has the intangibles the NFL regards highly. I don't know that he'll continue to be successful but we'll see.

Smith has many similar attributes with some small differences. He did play many of his games (at least in the beginning) against lower talent teams but tbf he also did decently against the one or two quality/tough teams they scheduled. My problem with him however is his apparent disposition to choke when it counts. Plus he continued to play worse and worse as that situation grew. It doesn't matter who you are, in the NFL as a QB you're going to lose games. Occasionally quite a few. The successful bounce back from that. I'm not convinced this kid can do that. If he rode the bench a few years he might be find (Even Kaep got a year to breathe not to mention the fact that he was on a well balanced team...). Smith will be thrust out there early with one of the least prolific offenses in the League. I wish him luck but there are virtually no odds that would coax me into putting money on him being successful. I think the most unfortunate thing is he had all the quality teams pass him by where he could have grown and maybe proved successful down the line.

To translate for Hoppy:

Kaepernick run good. He throw good. His college teammates not so good. He carry team. He needs more starts to produce accurate projections.

Smith inconsistent. He play for New York Jets who are joke and whom God hates. He start right away even though not ready. He need more time to learn. He chokes under pressure but has not had butt fumble, yet.

To translate for Hoppy:

Kaepernick run good. He throw good. His college teammates not so good. He carry team. He needs more starts to produce accurate projections.

Smith inconsistent. He play for New York Jets who are joke and whom God hates. He start right away even though not ready. He need more time to learn. He chokes under pressure but has not had butt fumble, yet.

Thanks man. I now have 3 keyboards and 2 monitors covered with coke although it does make the pain of this particular Monday so much more manageable.

It's almost as good as one of the quotes I read over at ESPN earlier:

"Mark Sanchez threw a going away party for Tebow...

...but it was intercepted and ran back for a touchdown."

Actually from my PoV...

BTW just so no one confuses what I'm saying, Geno Smith may never ever be anywhere near as good as Kaepernick, and I think going to the Jets is the worst thing for him.

My point is that it's humorous to say that Smith isn't in the same realm as Kaepernick athletically when he's right in there.

Back