Bottle conditioning after refrigeration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSmith19

Reaction score
I put a few bottles of my three week old beer in the fridge but they're not quite done yet, will they still condition properly if I bring them back up to room temperature?

Should, just give them another week or two. If no carbonation by then you might not have added enough sugar, or whatever you used.
Did you use a carbonation calculator?

lakedawgs said:
Should, just give them another week or two. If no carbonation by then you might not have added enough sugar, or whatever you used.
Did you use a carbonation calculator?

I didn't but they all carbed well, they just have a bit of a green taste that I figured wouldn't really go away if in the fridge.

Sorry, I did not understand. Sure, they will condition out just fine. Put a couple in the fridge in a few weeks and see what you think.

Yep, warm them up and they will condition fine.

It's usully a good idea to only put a few bottles in the fridge at a time (i.e. the amount you will immediately drink). Leave the rest at room temp to condition.

Back