Oh my grapefruit! ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John8251

Reaction score
Last year my wife and I went to Moon River Brewing Company in Savannah, GA and she tried one of their beers called Oh My Grapefruit! Ale. She instantly fell in love with it and now that we've started brewing more often and its getting into the summer months, she's really looking for a beer that very closely resembles this. Im trying to see if anybody has tried it and has a recipe that may be really close to it. I can do partial mash or all grain BIAB (that's all I have the equipment for right now). If anybody can help me that'd be great. Thanks guys!

oh..and heres the commercial description if that helps to maybe just try and figure out what it might consist of

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Oh! My Grapefruits! Oh my! Grapefruits! Oh my...Grapefruits? Oh My Grapefruits! Belgo-American Pale Ale ABV 6.2%. Excessively punctuated with Citra Hops.

and heres another description from a reviewer on ratebeer.com

The beer is a slightly hazy orange color with a medium off-white head that diminishes steadily. Short strings of lacing on the glass. Aroma of citrus, yeast and hops. Medium body with flavors of grapefruit, spicy hops and yeast. The finish is citrusy with a hops and yeast aftertaste.

Not sure on exact amounts, but based on the ratebeer description I would stick with a simple grain bill, like pale, wheat, and vienna. This would let the yeast and grapefruit hops shine. Citra and cascade hops with a belgian yeast. Heavy on the flaovr/aroma additions to get the grapefruit to pop, maybe hop burst.

Back