New Member from Ontario

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bottoms_Up

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm from Whitby, Ontaro and have been making beer since April 1990 (23 years). Back then it was the 1.5 Kg Muntona kits, and my first was Premium English Ale. I finally graduated to grain brews several years ago, and last year made my first couple of kegs of pilsner (Bittburger clone). I have since made two more kegs of Bitburger clone (yes one of my favourites) and plan to make an Innis & Gunn clone soon. Looking forward to interacting.

Welcome man, originally from just outside London. But I am living in BC Now. Glad you joined the forums with all that experience under your belt your knowledge will defiantly be appreciated around here.

Cheers :mug:

Welcome man, originally from just outside London. But I am living in BC Now. Glad you joined the forums with all that experience under your belt your knowledge will defiantly be appreciated around here.

Cheers :mug:

Thanks, Macdonald. I know London well - grew up there and went to University of Western Ontario. I started making wine there in the early 1970's and might have been one of the first to purchase a Wine Art kit just after it opened. They were located near the corner of Oxford and Wharncliffe. Lots of experience with kits, extracts and hop additions but not too many years with barley.

Welcome to the group, from CO. I love Muskoka.

Muskoka is beautiful. We go up there regularly. There's also a great brewery in Bracebridge called the Muskoka Brewery. They make great beers such as "Mad Tom" and "Twice as Mad Tom". Just a couple of days ago I picked up their "Legendary Muskoka Oddity" which I haven't tried yet. It contains juniper berries, heather tips, sweet and bitter orange peels, North American Malted Barley, Magnum and Sorachi Ace Hops and Trappist yeast. It's brewed with a Belgian style in mind. Next time you're there be sure to check out this great craft Brewery.

Back