I can't get my mash ton to stop leaking help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remove the washer from the inside let the gasket do its job. Also there is a thing called a locknut that can be helpful. I found mine at mcmastercarr.com

the gasket needs to go up against the cooler to make the seal.

coolerbh-500x500.jpg

The line in the picture is the wall of the cooler.

Even if the cooler is curved? I was using the aquarium sealant and the washer to make a flat surface for the o-ring...

Perhaps review this thread. I followed this thread exactly and after getting everything properly tightened there was no leak. Like you I think I needed 4 washers on the outside, but the inside of mine is exactly as in this thread. I also used the o-ring shown in the following thread on the outside of the bulkhead. I wouldn't worry about the curvature of the cooler. It's plastic and your other parts are metal. With proper tightening the plastic will give enough and the washer on the inside will seal. Note that the washer on the inside is the one included with the cooler. I'd pry that sealed washer off, clean up any sealant, and restore the factory washer and reassemble.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-easy-10-gallon-rubbermaid-mlt-conversion-23008/

> Note that the washer on the inside is the one included with the cooler.

I mean the rubber washer is the factory included one. You still need the stainless washer between your brass nipple and the factory rubber washer.

Back